The mission of ILTexas is to prepare students for exceptional leadership roles in the international community by emphasizing servant leadership, mastering the English, Spanish, and Chinese languages, and strengthening the mind, body and character.Job Title:
Senior Marine JROTC Instructor Exemption Status/Test:
Exempt Reports to:
Assigned CampusPrimary Purpose:
- Ensure on behalf of the school district and Marine Corps JROTC that the JROTC leadership program is administered according to Marine Corps Order 1533.6E , applicable laws and regulations and in conformance with established policies and sound principles so that each student may derive the maximum benefit from participation in the program.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university Retired Officer with minimum of 20 years of active service
- Proof of Certification as JROTC Instructor
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- 20 years of more of military experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:Instructional Management
- 12 month/219 day contract
- Salary non-negotiable - Minimum Instructor Pay based upon grade and time in service
- Serves as the chief instructor for the MCJROTC unit.
- Monitors instructional and managerial processes to ensure that MCJROTC program activities are producing desired outcomes.
- Obtains and affords his Marine Instructor(s) appropriate time, resources, and materials to accomplish educational goals.
- Communicates and supports expectations that are consistent with MCJROTC and school objectives.
- Focuses activities on the accomplishment of the primary mission of the MCJROTC program of motivating young people to become educated citizens.
- Develops, maintains, and uses appropriate information systems and records required for attainment of program goals.
Administration & Fiscal/Facilities Management
- Evaluates job performance of MCJROTC instructors to ensure effectiveness.
- Assist the principal with the interview, selection, and orientation of new instructors.
- Identifies, reviews, and analyses resource, facility, and equipment needs.
- Schedules activities and secures resources needed to accomplish goals.
- Implements the policies established by federal law, JROTC regulations, state law, State Board of Education rules, and the local board of education with respect to the MCJROTC program.
- Reports to supervisors and higher military headquarters on the status of performance and outcomes.
- Determines funding requirements based on documented program needs.
Professional Growth & Development
- Implements and supports MCJROTC, district, and campus standards and rules of conduct.
- Uses information provided through assessment instruments and a professional growth plan to improve performance.
- Participates in professional development programs, disseminates ideas and information to other professionals.
- Complete all required PME as directed by MCJROTC Headquarters.
- Participates in professional organizations.
- Encourages MCJROTC cadet participation in and support of school and activities.
- Projects a positive image to the community.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Supervises Marine Instructor in execution of duties.
- Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment; [P.E. teachers: automated external defibrillator (AED)]; will wear uniform at all times
- Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Frequent walking, running with cadets during PT.
- Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
- Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.