Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenue of over $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, consumable supplies, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of approximately 24,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is available at?dovercorporation.com.?
We are looking for a safety and health executive to join our team! We are committed to exemplary safety practices and steadfast in our commitment to the health and well-being of our employees, business partners, and communities in which we work. We are looking for a like-minded leader who shares our values and will set the overall strategic direction of the Company environmental safety and occupational health programs.
The Vice President of Environmental Health and Safety will be responsible for the development of integrated safety and health strategies and implementation of EHS policies, procedures, and best practices throughout the organization. The successful candidate must have the leadership skills and experience needed to champion continuous improvement efforts in safety performance and the communication skills critical to empowering employees at all levels of the organization. This position will provide direction and operational guidance to build and foster a safety culture committed to safe work practices, health and wellness, incident and accident prevention, regulatory compliance, and environmental management and sustainability.Specific Responsibilities:
- Oversee global network of Site Safety Officers, providing training, direction, and support
- Provide data analysis and reports, regulatory interpretations and guidance on all safety and health policies and programs of critical importance to overall corporate objectives, operations, and profitability
- Partner with the Project Managers and Site Safety Managers to interpret, evaluate, and provide technical guidance on project safety requirements, accident investigation, and implementing corrective action measures
- Develop and Chair company Safety Council
- Collaborate with insurance providers to understand and address key areas of risk
- Conduct comprehensive on-site hazard and risk assessments, safety audits, and equipment inspections to mitigate risk
- Develop and conduct onsite worker training on safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment at job site locations
- Oversee and enforce compliance with OSHA, EPA, DOT, and other relevant global regulations in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements
- Develop and provide regular metric reporting to measure effectiveness of compliance and training programs
- Administer and manage the Company's substance abuse testing and occupational health programs in accordance with statutory guidelines and contractual requirements
- 15+ years' experience as a Safety and Environmental Professional with eight years in a leadership or managerial role, on a global scale
- Bachelor's degree in industrial safety and health, safety engineering, safety management or related field
- CSP, OSHA, certifications preferred as well as knowledge of other industry regulatory bodies
- Advanced experience in employee safety training
- Exceptional communication and problem solving skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Travel as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business required.
- MBA or Master's in Engineering preferred.
- Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Illinois : Downers Grove
Sub Division : Dover Corporation
Job Requisition ID : 43351