The Health Safety & Environment Manager is responsible for developing and providing support for the implementation of Health, Safety and Environment management systems for the Manufacturing Operations facility.
This position will drive and lead sustainability for health, safety and the environment for our Customers, employees and the surrounding communities.
The individual will be an integral team member of the Manufacturing Operations group, to implement "best practices" for STERIS employees. The path forward consistently requires the attainment and sustainment of the STERIS World Class Safety Excellence for all employees.Duties
Health, Safety and Environmental Management (75%)
- Assist and monitor the facility COVID-19 countermeasures and Safe Work Environment work practices.
- Contribute to the development of and support the effective implementation of the facility HSE strategy, participating in the regular review of the strategy and its implementation.
- Maintain knowledge & awareness of HSE legislation, and emerging risks, reporting changes that may impact the business & support the development of effective response strategies.
- Manage the development, implementation, review and maintenance of documented HSE management systems, taking responsibility for the development of robust, policies, work methods and safety leadership standard work.
- Manage the creation, continuous development, delivery, assessment of learning outcomes and performance reporting of engaging, innovative HSE training and learning. Ensure that facility training and development needs are identified and met through the provision of a comprehensive blended training curriculum, training systems and tools.
- Provide HSE leadership, support and guidance to the facilities to achieve HSE compliance and objectives.
- Develop, monitor and maintain HSE Management Systems that are equivalent and aligned to the ISO 45001 and 14001 voluntary standards.
- Identify gaps and potential improvements in HSE management systems, developing and implementing actions to eliminate gaps.
- Manage the development, completion and ongoing review of risk assessments, advising on the suitability and application of risk control measures, identify and report on inadequately controlled risks and non-compliance with statutory or internal non-compliance.
- Provide oversight and facility guidance related to HSE incidents - injury reporting & investigation, ensure that all injuries, incidents and near misses are reported and investigated in accordance with STERIS policy.
- Support collection & analysis of HSE performance data HSE metrics, identifying areas of concern and reporting performance through dashboards and other means to ensure appropriate actions.
- Continually assess, set and monitor employee training needs and required HSE competencies, developing and maintaining appropriate training matrix plans. Monitor and report on training completion, performance and compliance, using feedback to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support Transitional Work-duty and claims management.
- Manage the development, implementation and testing of robust emergency response plans.
- Lead on effective HSE communication using safety meetings, newsletters, tool box talks and other engagement initiatives to improve employee awareness, competency and safety performance.
- Use Lean methodology to drive improvements in HSE programs.
- Engineer solutions to occupational exposures. Drive continuous improvement and deliver strong results from behavioral based processes
- Train and educate the location's safety committee
Environmental Compliance Management 25%
- Manage environmental compliance, including conducting reviews, to ensure facilities are fully compliant with relevant environmental requirements.
- Coordinate all waste generation, accumulation and disposal processes in compliance with Local, State, and Federal regulations.
- Prepare and implement communications/reporting based upon new and/or revisions to existing environmental regulations of the juridictions in which the facilities operate.
- Coordinate environmental compliance tasks
Bachelor's DegreeRequired Experience
- Experience with RCRA regulations. 2 years
- Experience in leading HSE initiatives with little supervision. 4 years
- Bachelor's Degree plus 6 years of relevant experience. 8 years of experience in lieu of degree.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD.
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by
- 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.