St. Joseph Medical Centera CMS 5-Star Award winning hospital, is a faith-based, 310-bed facility providing a wide range of acute care and outpatient services. Key services include the St. Joseph Heart Institute, Senior Care Services, Senior Behavioral Health, Surgical Services and the Joint and Spine Institute. St. Joseph is a member of Prime Healthcare Services, one the nations leading hospital systems. It is recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the nation. We believe that continuous, quality of care and performance improvements are the foundation for preserving and enhancing healthcare delivery. St. Joseph Medical Center is a GREAT place to work!
Generous benefits plan: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
Continuing Educational Opportunities
Collaborative work teams & cohorts
8 hour shifts
**Sign On Bonus potential! Speak with your recruiter for details!**
Responsibilities Each individual performs only those waived, moderate, or highly complex tests authorized by CLIA, Bus. & Prof. Code Section 1204, and must possess a degree of skill commensurate with individuals' education, training or experience and technical abilities specific in microbiology. Each individual performing the above procedures must:
1) adhere to the laboratory procedures for the collection, processing, analysis, and reporting of patient test results
2) follow the laboratory established quality control policies and procedures in documenting all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory established performance specifications
3) be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and either correct the problem or immediately notify your immediate supervisor, Director, or Medical Director
4) perform a wide variety of microbiology procedures requiring independent judgment in performing high complexity testing in both manual and automated methods
5) perform testing procedures in other areas of the department for which licensed and competency demonstrated
6) perform and document maintenance daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed on instruments and equipment as appropriate
7) review the accuracy of patient results prior to releasing or reporting
8) recognize age specific differences in expected results for newborns to geriatrics
9) ensure that the testing of proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient'samples and that collaboration with other laboratories is prohibited prior to the reporting of proficiency testing results to the appropriate agencies
10) develops and maintains department policies and procedures
11) adheres to all department and hospital policies and procedures related to safety, infection control, emergency preparedness, and human resources
12) competent in implementing new procedures including all required documentation
13) be responsible for supervising the daily operation of the department as Section Supervisor
14) other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned by the department manager/director.
Qualifications Education and Work Experience
Possession of a current and valid state Clinical Laboratory Scientist license or limited state Clinical Laboratory Scientist license as a Microbiologist Specialist if the laboratory is located in a state where required.
Minimum 5 years of microbiology experience, including public health issue and reporting requirements.
Previous supervisory/management experience required.
Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical, biological science, or Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited institution, or other educational requirements as stated in CLIA (42 CFR 493.1489)
LI-BY1We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
#microbiology #biology #science #biotechnology #biochemistry #medicine #microbiologist #medical #laboratory #lab #molecularbiology #microscope #bacteria #microbiologia #pathology #neet #biotech #genetics #cellbiology #research#ascp #lab #biogreenscience #bspoke #laboratory #anniesloanstockist #laboratorylife #clinicallaboratoryscientist #labmanager #laboratory #labtech #kansascityjobs #kcjobs #nowhiring #kansascity #kcmo #kansascitymo