About the position:
Enliven Therapeutics is dedicated to advancing small molecule drug development programs in oncology. This role is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and energetic scientist to not only apply their expertise in cell biology and cancer but also to gain valuable experience in the fundamentals of small molecule drug discovery as we advance our targeted therapies from the lab into the clinic. The candidate will be directly responsible for elucidating the biology around our targets to confirm their therapeutic utility and inform on a clinical strategy. These efforts include the design and execution of experiments (biochemical and cell-based) to validate the therapeutic relevance of specific mechanisms of action, identify or confirm target patient populations, predict potential mechanisms of resistance and evaluate drug combination opportunities.
- Design and perform cellular and molecular biology experiments to support the biological evaluation of small molecules therapeutics in oncology
- Develop, optimize, and conduct cell-based assays (target engagement, cell proliferation, reporter-based) to enable medicinal chemistry efforts and structure activity relationship assessment
- Help identify the best targets to expand our portfolio and design biology experiments to assess target dependency and function
- Further elaborate the biology around each of our targets to support the development of a comprehensive clinical strategy
- PhD in relevant discipline with postdoctoral experience preferred or BS/MS with a minimum of 5 years of drug discovery experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical setting
- Experience with cell line profiling, pathway signaling, understanding of genomic drivers, assay development, and compound profiling
- Excellent cell culture skills and experience developing genetically engineered cell lines employing a range of approaches including CRISPR knockout/in, RNAi and protein overexpression
- Versatile skill set in cell biology techniques from molecular biology (RT-qPCR, western blot, in cell western) to cell-based target engagement assays (HTRF, AlphaLISA, NanoBRET).
- Collaborate with CROs for any outsourcing needs and integrate data analysis
- Experience with kinase biochemical assays, kinetics, or protein protein interaction assays a plus
- You thrive in a dynamic environment, are detail oriented, and are a problem-solver; a strong work ethic and high-level motivation are required
- You are passionate about drug discovery and thrive in a highly collaborative environment
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week). Occasional evening, weekend, holiday, and on-call work may be required as job duties demand.
Salary range: $90,000 to $150,000. Level and salary will depend on experience level.
Interested applicants, please send resume to: email@example.com
Enliven Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment offers are contingent upon the applicant successfully completing a background screen.
Enliven Therapeutics does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies for this position. Recruiters, please do not send resumes to Enliven employees or to the company location. Enliven is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.