Zinus USA Inc. is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager
who has experience in the manufacturing industry (particularly the mattress process) and understands the specific safety issues inherent to manufacturing sites.Location: Onsite in McDonough, GA.MAJOR FUNCTIONS:
- Use the standard industry practices to keep everyone safe on the job
- Evaluate the environmental, health, and safety protocols for all employees to be followed
- Organize safety training for employees and report problems to management
- Includes significant field work and monitoring for all aspects of environmental, health and safety compliances to the law (OSHA, Environmental EPA and CDC) and regulations
- Conduct safety audits on personnel, equipment and materials
- Evaluate, assess and alter safety procedures and policies for the benefit of employees and clients
- Research and implement new materials handling processes
- Analyze accident reports and evaluate injury case studies based on available facts
- Prepare and conduct safety training sessions for employees and vendors or contractors
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards (including OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Research environmental regulations and policies and institute changes to ensure compliance
- Track incident metrics and apply findings
- Oversee the applications for and receipt of necessary permits
- Lead injury and incident inquiries and evaluations
- Assumes other duties as assigned by Director.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB:
- Must be able to access and inspect all areas of the machinery.
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in environmental health and safety)
- 6+ years' experience in the manufacturing industry in a management role and preferred in the mattress manufacturing at least 3-year management role
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards with regard to manufacturing and qualified certification preferred
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members
- Strong leadership with great communication skills
- Accountable to the Director for all phases of activities.
- Close coordination with HR Planning Asst. manager, HR Asst. manager and leadership with immediate staff like safety specialists, general affairs asst. manager for all phases of their activities
- Advises consults, and coordinates with:
- HR/EHS/GA Director: effective management of all general functions and tasks
- Middle Management and Supervisors: as needed
- Discretionary Bonus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- 401k matching.
- Paid Time Off.
- Paid Holidays.