What We Value:
Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company founded by world-class leaders in epigenome editing. At Tune, we strive to develop paradigm-changing cell and gene therapies that leverage epigenetic programming for the treatment of devastating diseases. We are building a highly skilled and dynamic team with expertise that spans drug discovery through commercialization. We are passionate about the science of epigenetic editing and its potential to transform patient care.Job Description:
Tune is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior or Principal Scientist to lead our molecular biology efforts across Tune. Tune's overall goal is to modulate gene expression using a variety of epi editing tools both in vivo and ex vivo for therapeutic benefit. We are hoping to find a creative individual to work cross-functionally with our project and innovation teams to advise and execute on plasmid (viral and non-viral) construct design/optimization, as well as complex construct library design work within research. The ideal candidate will also be able to think creatively about how we can implement efficient high throughput molecular library screening for identifying new combinations of epi editing components to enable the most efficient and effective functional outcomes.
They will have input on a large variety of projects from discovery phase to IND enabling work. This individual will also be able to implement strategies to improve the efficiency of our molecular biology workstreams. They will ensure that appropriate processes are maintained to deliver molecular/viral constructs to Discovery, Preclinical and Translational teams in a timely manner to support programs. When needed, they will manage external collaborations with academic and contract research laboratories Finally this individual will actively seek out technology alliances with appropriate academic, government, and industry partners to enable our discovery work.Responsibilities:
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Integrate into project teams and identify ways to enable streamlined molecular execution
- Set up and manage external cloning workstreams to enable deeper discovery work
- Design CRISPRi/CRISPRa libraries for new Cas species where needed
- Design molecular libraries to screen novel epi editor domains and other DNA binding domains (non-CRISPR)
- Develop high-throughput molecular workstreams to enable discovery
- Implement organizational efforts for our cross company molecular work (ordering and tracking in platforms such as Benchling, etc)
- Advanced degree in biology, virology or bioengineering with relevant pharmaceutical/biotechnology experience
- Senior Scientist: PhD, 5+ or equivalent experience (MS with 8 years or BS with 10 years of experience)
- Principal Scientist: PhD, 8+ or equivalent experience (MS with 11 years or BS with 12 years of experience)
- A very strong foundation in molecular biology and vector design, immunology and viral/non-viral vectors (particularly lentiviral and adenoviral vectors).
- Experience with developing high throughput molecular screening techniques and workstreams.
- Experience with gRNA and mRNA optimization and production
- Experience with molecular library design, QC and execution.
- Experience setting up NGS, 10X and other sequencing wet lab workstream's a plus.
- Experience with supervision and mentoring of laboratory scientific staff
- Experience working with LNPs and their formulation a plus
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to build networks and collaborations internally and externally
Explore Passionately… Innovate Boldly… Execute Selflessly… Come bring the song to life!
Tune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tune Therapeutics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
*This position can be in Seattle, WA or Durham, NC