What Type 1 or more characters for results.
Where Type 1 or more characters for results.
VP FED GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
Archer Daniels Midland - Washington County, NY
VP FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RELATIONSJob Summary
This position of Vice President - Federal Government Relations is a federal lobbyist which oversees public policy advocacy on energy, environment, biofuel and sustainability issues. The position will:
- Coordinate all ADM public policy advocacy on U.S. federal energy, environment, biofuel and sustainability/climate change issues. Plan, develop, implement and in some cases, leads advocacy strategies to influence policy issues.
- Advance ADM decarbonization efforts with key government stakeholders. Nurture relations with key Washington DC policy stakeholders helping them understand our decarbonization commitments. Educate these stakeholders about our corporate sustainability/climate change goals, and job creation plans to help them see us as an entity with shared goals and objectives.
- Advocate for federal funding and government partnerships which could enable and accelerate ADM decarbonization goals.
- Advocate for ADM on Biofuel issues. Understand the current state of all biofuel policies which affect ethanol, biodiesel, renewable green diesel, and sustainable aviation fuel markets. Influence directly and through trade associations on these issues. Understand the process whereby legislation and regulation affecting these markets are developed and implemented. This includes U.S. state and regional polices. Influence the process at each step.
To achieve this, the successful candidate must be experienced in working on energy, environment, biofuel and sustainability issues as well as deeply interested in ADM's businesses and what drives our long term corporate goals and near term profitability. To achieve this, the successful candidate must demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills which reflects a comfort which spans cultures and work disciplines.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate federal advocacy and serve as point of contact for internal stakeholders on U.S. federal legislative and public policy related to energy, environment, biofuel and sustainability/climate change issues.
- Work with business segment, internal experts, and/or issue management team to: identify issues, frame business impacts and provide strategic analysis, develop issue management plans and policy positions, develop and execute advocacy plans, and provide proactive updates to assess risks and opportunities in public policy landscape.
- Development stakeholder engagement plans and brief/coordinate meetings between ADM business management and federal government officials on aforementioned issues.
- Engage in public policy discussions to represent ADM and explain implications to the company and broader sector.
- Manage trade association relations for all U.S. trade associations focused on energy, environment, biofuel and sustainability issues.
- Help translate policy developments into meaningful data and actionable intelligence for business colleagues.
- Established, bipartisan stakeholder network in U.S. Congress, Executive branch and agencies, think tanks, and associations related to energy, environment, biofuels, including the Renewable Fuel Standard, and sustainability/climate change policy. These include Congressional leadership and relevant House and Senate Committees; USDA, EPA, and DOE; relevant trade associations, and others.
- Experience working with key staff at EPA who oversee the implementation of the Renewable Fuel Standard and other Clean Air Act programs.
- Understanding of regenerative/sustainable agriculture practices, and policies and federal programs which seek to expand their implementation, preferred, but not required.
- Advanced expertise in issue management, advocacy, and, association management.
- Experience in problem solving when a public policy-based issues arises which impedes business efforts, including proactive identification, framing, and developing a strategy to address the risk or opportunity.
- Ability to credibly explain complex policy issues to internal stakeholders and ADM business to government officials.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, analytical, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex portfolio, deadlines, schedule(s), and executive visits
- High ethical standards and personal integrity.
- Strong initiative, entrepreneurism, and strategic thinking.
- Minimum education required: Undergraduate or Advanced degrees.
- Minimum 10-15 years of work experience in Congress and/or the Executive Branch; related private sector employment will also be considered.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We're a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We're blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We're a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We're an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we're a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
#LI-LR2VP FED GOVERNMENT RELATIONS | Archer Daniels Midland
Be careful - Don't provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Don't transfer any money or complete suspicious online surveys. If you see something suspicious, report this job ad .
Social Capital Resources - New York City, NY
Top-Tier Investment Bank is seeking a Campus Recruitment Vice President for a permanent position! Responsibilities: Implement a campus strategy to further...
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation is hiring a Business Analyst/Tester, Vice President. This role works with the Regulatory Change Management Team within...
M3 Global Research Community - New York City, NY
Due to our continued growth, we are hiring for a Vice President of Sales at M3 Global Research, an M3 company. About the Business Unit: M3 Global Research,...
We are looking for a Senior Vice President to join our national Healthcare team. This person will be leading account activities at a strategic level for one...
ICR - Strategic Communications and Advisory - New York
ICR, one of the most highly-regarded Capital Markets Advisory and Strategic Communications firms, is seeking a highly motivated professional to fill a...
SUMMARY: The Assistant Vice President of NYC Program Development oversees all aspects of portfolio expansion, including creating all operational...
Zafin'sSenior Vice President, Strategic Banking Sales- North America, is an experienced sales executive accountable for the revenue generation elements of...
We are looking for a Vice President of Transitions to join our organization. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, managing and directing the...
Sign in to start saving jobs in your profile.
Do you want to receive recommendations for similar jobs?