HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc
Description: HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc.
(HELIX), a growing, employee-owned California-based environmental consulting and planning firm, is seeking a motivated As-Needed Biologist with critical thinking skills and a strong work ethic to join our Sacramento County and Placer County office (offices located in Roseville and Folsom) led projects in surrounding regions (i.e. San Francisco Bay, Sierra Nevada Foothills, and San Joaquin Valley). HELIX provides CEQA/NEPA, biological, cultural resource management, habitat restoration, regulatory permitting, landscape architecture, environmental compliance monitoring, acoustics and noise control, air quality and greenhouse gas, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors.
Why work for HELIX? We are an employee-owned firm, hard-working with a casual and collaborative work environment. Our employees describe us as Client-focused, Caring, Team-oriented, and Focused on Integrity.
This is an as-needed position to supplement our full-time biology team during the busy season, or as required due to work demand. You will not be guaranteed a minimum number of hours. In addition to the requirements below, we are looking for candidates that demonstrate excellent communication skills, including using creativity and analytical skills to develop solutions for project challenges. Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and be a team player. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.Duties may include:
- Conducting biology and botanical surveys, including vegetation mapping, and/or focused species surveys.
- Conducting biological monitoring for construction/restoration projects.
- Managing personal workload and coordinate schedule with Project Managers and Group Managers as appropriate.
- Maintaining accurate field notes and maps, project files, work logs, etc.
- Providing high quality work products on schedule and within budget.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service or veteran status. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
#Biologist #Biology #Terrestrialbiology #constructionmonitoring #fieldsurveys
Requirements: Minimum Requirements:
Qualifications considered a plus:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an environmental science, biology or related field (degree in biochemistry or microbiology not acceptable).
- Three years of experience (outside of academic requirements) as a professional biologist.
- Knowledge of Northern California flora and fauna.
- Experience with field data collection methods and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience preparing biological technical reports.
- Must be able to hike long distances over varying terrain under varying weather conditions.
- Valid state driver's license with a clean driving record over the last 3 years.
- Permits from U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to survey for listed species found in Northern California.
- Experience conducting special-status species surveys.
- A Master's degree or higher in biology, natural resources, or related field.
- Experience with conducting jurisdictional delineations, conducting California Rapid Assessment. Method (CRAM) analyses, and preparing Clean Water Act permit applications.