This position supports an busy Environmental Consulting team of professionals! We are looking for an entry level individual who is energetic and detail oriented to support the daily field work. In this job you will have the opportunity to apply your Environmental Science or Geology degree in a hands-on way to support your personal career growth.
Keywords: Environmental Science, Geology, Geologist, Environmental, GIS, Ecologic, HydrogeologyIn this role you can expect to learn and grow:
The ideal candidate:
- Responsible for the daily collection of field samples: water, soil or other media in accordance with standard industry practice or according to Moody standard operating procedures.
- Documentation of field conditions of media such as soil, groundwater, surface water, bedrock, air quality (gases), stream substrate and biological media.
- Assemble, operate and maintain field instruments and equipment.
- Prepare notes, sketches and site maps.
- Complete entry and quality assurance/quality control tasks with large quantities of data produced from field activities.
- Analyze data and assist in the preparation of report figures and graphs.
- Is a recent graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Geology or Environmental Science
- Is a self-motivated learner who enjoys daily field work to grow skills and learn the scientific techniques
- Possesses critical thinking skills including use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Bachelor's degree in geology, environmental science or other related field and/or at least one year experience
- Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty at a minimum satisfactory level. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Moody supports the pursuit of additional education and licensure (Professional Geologist) as a part of our benefit package, once qualifications are met.
Average between 35 - 40 hours per week and overtime potential as required.
Weekly schedules may vary based on business demands. Schedules are typically confirmed during the workweek (Monday - Friday) during normal business hours but may include weekends shifts on Saturday and Sunday.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Employees must be able to perform physically demanding tasks working outdoors in adverse environmental conditions in all weather conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures, inclement weather, etc.). While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time when performing office related tasks and/or while driving for business purposes and work site locations. Field related tasks may require hiking long distances while carrying equipment and supplies with frequent walking, kneeling, bending, and lifting. Employees must be able to carry out the physical effort necessary to perform job related tasks.