HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc
Description: HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc.
(HELIX), a growing, employee-owned California-based environmental consulting and planning firm, is seeking a collaborative, team orientated, and proactive Biology Operations Coordinator
with critical thinking skills and a strong work ethic, to join our team of talented and dedicated biology staff in our San Diego County headquarters office located in La Mesa, California. HELIX supports a hybrid work environment that balances the ability to work in the office and from home, when needed, with the greatest emphasis on maintaining employee safety and wellbeing. HELIX provides CEQA/NEPA, biological, cultural resource management, habitat restoration, regulatory permitting, environmental compliance monitoring, acoustics and noise control, GIS, and air quality and greenhouse gas services to both the public and private sectors.
Why work for HELIX? We prioritize our employees. We have been an employee-owned firm since 2004, providing employees a vested interest in the firm's success through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). HELIX placed in the top three for environmental consulting firms and in the top ten for firms in our size range (100 to 199 employees) nationwide in the ZweigWhite Best Firms to Work For 2021 survey. Our employees describe us as team-oriented, caring, flexible, and driven by our standards of integrity. In addition to our competitive benefit package, we also have robust, award-winning wellness, professional growth, employee development training and community volunteer programs, and we support a hybrid work environment that balances the ability to work in the office and from home, when needed.Benefits
HELIX offers a competitive benefits package, that includes:
Biology Coordinator Job Description
- Health Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Personal Time Off
- Bonus Program
- ESOP participation
- 401K participation
The Biology Operations Coordinator responsibility is to support many operational aspects of HELIX's Biology Division. The Biology Operations Coordinator will work closely with the Biology Division Director, Biology Operations Manager, and Biology management team to support our field and research activities, staff training, proposal preparation, and other business operational support items. The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate a proactive approach to job assignments and must possess strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. Critical aspects of this position include developing solutions for operational challenges, as well as forging strong collaborative relationships and building consensus across team members and staff. A positive attitude, flexible mindset and adaptability to changing circumstances is imperative. Specific duties may include the following:
- Assist Biology Operations Manager, Biology Group Managers, and Biology Division Manager with managing the biology division's operations, including staff and equipment scheduling, workload management, training, mentoring, employee wellness, and safety.
- Assist with maintaining the Biology Division's permits and certifications, including required reporting.
- Assist with tracking and developing the Biology Division completed training and upcoming training opportunities.
- Assist with maintaining tracking systems to help ensure field work is scheduled, completed, and reports are submitted by due dates.
- Work with Biology Operations Manager to assist with providing integrated project support in project planning and implementation, safety, data organization, resume updates, and other operations related items.
- Prepare letter proposals and assist with larger proposal pursuits.
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance.
- Contribute towards the Biology Division's and company's strategic planning goals.
- Contribute towards operational improvements in the Biology Division, as appropriate.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service or veteran status. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
#biology #environmental #environmentalscience #naturalresources #coordinator #operations
Requirements: Minimum Requirements for Biology Coordinator:
Additional Skills Considered a Plus for Biology Coordinator:
- A Bachelor's degree in business or an environmental sciences-related field (degree in biochemistry or microbiology not acceptable); or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in a similar role (internship or leadership role while obtaining degree may be considered).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Valid California Driver's License with a clean driving record over the last 3 years (or able to obtain a CA driver's license if relocating to CA)
- Candidates must demonstrate attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- A general familiarity with southern California flora and fauna, biological surveys, and environmental and permitting requirements
- Experience with environmental consulting and/or proposal writing
- Experience with assisting on project/operational planning and implementation
- Experience with database organization
- Experience in leading teams and facilitating collaboration
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, OneNote, ArcGIS, Adobe, Zoom