Who is Saint Louis University? Founded in 1818, Saint Louis University is one of the nation's oldest and most prestigious Catholic universities. SLU, which also has a campus in Madrid, Spain, is recognized for world-class academics, life-changing research, compassionate health care, and a strong commitment to faith and service.All About YouJob Summary
The Research Lab Coordinator will manage the research infrastructure for the Department of Biology at Saint Louis University. This will require knowledge of multiple types of instrumentation and the ability to work with diverse faculty and graduate students who conduct research in a wide range of disciplines.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics
Knowledge of operation of computers and assigned software; ability to provide support and technical assistance to internal and external constituents; ability to maintain accurate and confidential files and records; ability to meet scheduled deadlines; ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; ability to work independently with little direction; ability to conduct research and compile reports; ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action; ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance. Training in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is required.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Department's Leica SP8 Laser Scanning Confocal Microscope with resonant scanner and lightning deconvolution (minimum 15 hrs/week). Duties include:
- -Oversight of basic instrument maintenance.
- -Maintenance of the online manual and related documentation.
- -Provide training to all new instrument users.
- -Supervise untrained users on their instrument use.
- Manage the scheduling and billing tasks associated with instrument usage and services rendered.
- Ensure that all work on the instrument complies with applicable regulations, SOPs, university policies, and safety training and procedures.
- Assist educators in teaching and outreach activities that utilize the instrument.
- Perform routine maintenance, calibration, and cleaning of shared research instrumentation.
- Maintain safety certification in shared spaces (eye wash stations tested, gas cylinders properly exchanged and mounted, fire clearances maintained, etc.)
- Coordinate building repair issues with facilities (e.g., DI water, hot water, house vacuum, lab gas, etc.)
- Respond to shared equipment issues and emergencies in a timely manner by being on site and handling communication with sales reps and service personnel.
- Train new users on equipment.
- Administer equipment monitoring systems (Monnit & MetaSys) and shared equipment scheduling software (Lab Scheduler).
- Assist the Lab Coordinator for the upper division lab courses.
: BS in Biology and experience with a confocal microscope. MS preferred.Submit application to
- On the "My Information" page, upload cover letter and CV as a single .pdf file.
- On the "My Experience" page, you may upload all other required documents using the upload box labeled "Resume/CV".
- Your application must be completed in one sitting; you will not be able to revise it once it is submitted. At the time of completing the application, have the following documents ready to upload:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/CV with references
- Diversity Statement
Saint Louis University requires COVID-19 vaccinations and a booster dose for all students, staff, and faculty who are physically present on our St. Louis campuses. As a prospective and/or a new employee at Saint Louis University, you will be/are required to comply with the University's vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination is required before the start of employment in order to work at Saint Louis University. If you are not vaccinated, you are required to begin the vaccination process at the time of your first day of employment and submit proof of full vaccination within 30 days of your start date. Exemptions may be granted on the grounds of religious beliefs or medical circumstances. Failure to comply with the vaccine requirement within 30 days of an employee's start date will result in termination of the employment. Proof of vaccine will be submitted through an online portal made available to you during your Workday onboarding tasks.
The University will require all students, faculty and staff to obtain a booster vaccine dose for the spring semester, This applies to:
Equal opportunity/affirmative action Statement
- All adults over the age of 18 years who completed their vaccine series with Pfizer or Moderna at least 6 months ago.
- Those who received the J&J vaccine at least two months ago.
: Saint Louis University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 314-977-5847Function
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Saint Louis University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 314-977-5847.