Our mission is to restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com. What We Want You To Know
We want our employees to bring their whole selves to work and be recognized for the talents, perspectives, and unique life and career experiences they bring. We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to spur innovation. What You Will Contribute To Altos Labs
The Research associate will work closely with team members of the Horvath lab to achieve the research and development goals. The Research Associate will broadly support lab operations with a blended exposure to cell culture, molecular biology, genomics, imaging and cytometry workflows. Particular emphasis will be placed on supporting in vitro models of aging and downstream array-based methylation and bisulfite sequencing assays.Responsibilities
Who You Are
- Broadly supports a wide variety of lab operations through engagement in molecular biology, cell culture, and genomics workflows.
- Performs cell culture functions with a reasonable degree of independence after an initial training period. Responsible for maintenance and banking of cell lines.
- Performs quality control testing and characterization assays on cell lines.
- Performs functional assays on cell lines to monitor and validate phenotypes, including imaging and flow cytometry based assays.
- Assists with the development and validation of engineered cell lines. Performs routine molecular cloning functions and supports virus production.
- Performs sample preparations for DNA, RNA, and protein from cells and tissues.
- Assists with operation of genomics instrumentation for array-based applications and other genomics workflows.
- Assists with the operation of automated liquid handling systems for array-based applications and other genomics workflows.
- Develops and follows standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Assist with ordering and inventory of materials and supplies.
- Assists with routine maintenance and upkeep of lab spaces and equipment.
- Maintains accurate and complete electronic notebook records.
- Records, analyzes, interprets, and presents results and data.
- Assists with problem solving and assay development to improve operational workflows.
- Works collaboratively across departments, teams, and operational levels.
- Attends and presents at team and larger group meetings.
- Effectively communicates using digital platforms and through in person interactions.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree plus at least two years of wet lab experience in a molecular and cell biology lab (industry or academia).
- Experience with the following:
- Cell Culture
- Genomics workflows
Familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques and an interest in learning new techniques.Excellent record keeping skills in a lab setting.Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with a broad range of people.Demonstrated high productivity and ability to complete work in a timely manner.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of Scientific Freedom, Learning and Belonging.