Facilities Director in New York City, NY
Assistant Real Estate Manager in Brooklyn, NY
Operations Sustainability Professional - Remote in New York, NY
Seasonal Lead Sales Associate in PORT JEFFERSON STATI, NY
Pharmacy Technician / Pharm Tech Apprenticeship in Town of Sidney, NY
Company: Rainforest Alliance
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/26/2022
Expire Date: 06/26/2022
Job Categories:Natural Resources
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it's becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
Responsible for managing the Climate team within the Advocacy & Themes Department, the Climate Lead will work to develop the organization's climate strategy across numerous programmatic functions and areas, with an acute focus on mitigation, resilience and adaptation, and in line with the regenerative agriculture strategy. The Lead will finalize a conceptual framework for implementation within the strategy in the areas of certification, landscape programs and market innovations.
The Lead will develop short term strategies for execution to advance the organization's mission on climate change and will play a pivotal role in driving the broader organizational long-term strategy within the realm of climate change resilience, adaptation and mitigation across all core program areas. The Climate Lead will also oversee and coordinate the organization's internal emissions measurement, monitoring, and reduction work.
The Lead will oversee a small team, develop team objectives and ensure results and excellence in execution. The Lead will oversee clear strategy development, staff development and performance management within the team. This role will work closely with other departments, the leadership team and the strategy development team. Additionally, the candidate will represent RA internally and externally as an expert and in helping to define organizational position and expertise on these topics.
• Lead in development and implementation of climate strategy and ensure coherence and execution across the organization;
• Lead efforts to quickly define and implement a strategy for supply-chain specific offerings for climate including carbon foot printing, reductions and removals;
• Manage a small team of thematic specialists in the area of climate change adaptation and mitigation;
• Provides guidance and mentoring on related topics;
• Provide clarity, separation of roles and responsibilities and alignment between adaptation/resilience and mitigation; and
• Ensures goal setting, performance reviews and development within the cluster are carried out.
• As the Climate Lead, and organizational representative on climate change topics:
• Define and communicate the organizational position on climate change;
• Collaborate with company partners to define and implement climate programs
• Provide input and guidance to donor and partnership development;
• Work cross-functionally to embed adaptation and mitigation practices in broader organizational systems and programs; and
• In coordination with advocacy and theme teams and the market teams, represent the organization at events and conferences.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in climate change topics, ideally strong focus on mitigation;
• Master's degree in environmental or climate related subject;
• Good knowledge of the international climate agreements and processes;
• Experience in the UNFCCC COP desirable;
• Knowledge and/or experience on carbon accounting, GHG measurement protocols and standards including SBTi;
• Strong people management & interpersonal skills;
• Understanding of certification, landscape-based conservation, natural resource management, and supply chain work;
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Experience in working in a global organization, with field experience; and,
• Fluency in English; other languages - Spanish, French, Bahasa (desirable).
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: May 5, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in the locations in which we are registered will be considered
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org
AddThis Sharing Buttons Share to Email Share to Pinterest Share to Twitter Share to Messenger Share to Facebook Share to LinkedIn Contact Information Company Name:Rainforest Alliance
As one of the world's leading providers of technology, communications and more, Verizon's dynamic network of people is moving the world forward. You can too.
Bundle up and save! Save big when you combine your car and home insurance with our friends at Nationwide!
Join Us to Learn More About Opportunities on our Internal Communications, Media Relations, and Corporate Events Teams!
Let's make a list of the things you love! Whatever is important to you, our friends at Nationwide can help you protect it!
Check out this full-time federal employment program for entry-level civilian scientists and engineers with the Naval Air Warfare Center!
AWS Professional Services is a diverse, global team of experts delivering unmatched cloud solutions. Join us and help change the way the world works.