About LSB Industries, Inc.
LSB Industries, Inc. manufactures and sells chemical products for the agricultural, mining, and industrial markets throughout the United States. For more information, view our website at www.lsbindustries.com.
The vision of LSB Industries
is to be a best-in-class, diversified chemical manufacturer that operates our facilities safely and efficiently, creates value and partnerships with our customers, suppliers, and logistics providers, and attracts and retains talented team members all while generating superior financial performance. The company is seeking you to help meet this vision! Responsibilities & Duties
Required Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
- Department leader for Environmental Services.
- Lead, manage, and supervise the site environmental team
- Member of the Site Leadership Team reporting to the Site General Manager.
- Support planning of critical activities (and monitoring execution of critical activities) and goals as developed with Site Leadership Team.
- Partner with other site capability groups and operations leaders to ensure the site is meeting the site vision, objectives, and goals.
- Develop and improve plant-specific Environmental work practices and procedures.
- Ensure employee participation and engagement in areas of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Develop and put into place management systems to assure compliance.
- Desired areas of technical / regulatory knowledge include:
- Continuous emissions monitors and stack testing
- Title V compliance recordkeeping, compliance determinations, reporting and permit modifications
- Wastewater permit compliance, sampling, and reporting
- Stormwater plan implementation
- Waste programs - universal, solid, and hazardous - and strategies to minimize waste generation
- Knowledge of successful Environmental Management Systems, including procedure and tool development, self-assessment processes, metrics, recordkeeping and digital management strategies
- Collect data, analyze, summarize, and report relevant environmental data to all organizational levels (to include leading indicators).
- Provide routine daily field presence and interaction with front-line employees.
- Support site incident and near-miss reporting and participate and/or lead incident investigations
- Lead or coordinate audits, inspections, training, and verification of compliance to company standards, regulatory standards, and site permits. Develop and improve environmental self-assessment programs.
- Lead or support new raw material and use chemical safety reviews.
- Serve as company representative for the environmental department for outside agency inspections or audits and for internal legal counsel.
- Coordinate and maintain relations with partners in the site's wastewater effluent pipeline.
- Organize and lead plantwide communications meetings.
- Develop departmental goals and objectives, establish budgets and manage to those budgets.
- Develop and mentor plant leaders (particularly regarding environmental responsibilities).
- Lead investigation teams for significant incidents. Determine root cause and corrective actions. Manage the roll out of corrective actions. Develop and maintain investigative skills of others on the plant management team.
- Work with peers, legal, and corporate staff to address issues and improve programs
- All other duties as assigned.
Environment & Physical Demands
- 10 + years of related work experience and/or Bachelor's Degree or higher in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements involving air emissions, hazardous waste disposal, and wastewater effluent.
- Knowledge of inorganic manufacturing production, such as synthetic fertilizers and acids is a benefit but not required.
- Familiarity with Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS), and lab equipment such as GC, ICP, AA.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Highly organized, with focus on process and time management discipline.
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines are required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail a must.
This position is safety and security sensitive in nature. COVID-19 vaccination required. Accommodations considered as appropriate.
- Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders.
- Willingness to work around dust, chemicals, high temperature, loud noises, and running equipment.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, steel toed boots and hearing protection) in addition to full face respirator as necessary in emergencies
- Able to be on-call and provide site support as scheduled
- Must be able to lift as much as 25 lbs.
- This position deals with hazardous materials and/or industrial processes that can pose a risk to employees and the general public. This facility is required to comply with security standards under Department of Homeland Security (DHS) CFATS regulation 6 CFR Part 27