As a member in our Biology team, you will:
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Be a critical contributor to mechanistic biology and precision medicine research fundamental to the discovery of novel anti-cancer agents.
- Utilize pharmacologic and genetic approaches, including CRISPR gene editing, to characterize key oncogenic signaling pathways in order to establish molecular mechanisms underlying response to targeted cancer therapies.
- Maintain cultures of multiple human cancer cell lines and CRISPR-engineered cell lines simultaneously to support experimental efforts.
- Perform molecular biology/bioassays to interrogate effects of inhibitors on cellular pathways - PCR, qPCR, DNA/RNA preparation, Sanger sequencing, cloning, SDS-PAGE/Western blot, MSD etc.
- Prepare next-generation sequencing libraries for targeted gene panels (DNA and RNA) and operate Illumina sequencer.
- Develop and perform plate-based cellular assays using reagent kits (experience with assay automation/robotic liquid handlers would be a plus).
- Analyze data using data analysis software: Excel, GraphPad Prism, and Softmax Pro.
- Be an excellent team member, collaborator, communicator.
- Have an eagerness to learn new techniques.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Genetics, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in cell culture/molecular biology role in biotech or academic lab.
- Hands-on experience beyond laboratory coursework with demonstrated proficiency in a variety of cellular and molecular biology techniques (e.g. mammalian cell culture, SDS-PAGE/Western blot, PCR, qPCR, kit-based assays such as CTG, AlphaScreen, MSD).
- Desire to learn and develop functional genomics approaches for applications in oncology.
- Rigorous, quantitative, attention to detail, keen to maximize efficiency.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent record keeping skills, and calm under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines and work efficiently in a fluid environment.