Transition Bio is an innovative, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision of being the world leader in data-driven discovery, analysis, and modulation of biological condensates. At Transition Bio, multidisciplinary teams with diverse skillsets in molecular biology, biophysics, chemistry, engineering, data science and machine learning work closely together, building first-in-class technology platforms for condensate analysis and high-throughput drug screening. With close affiliation to Cambridge and Harvard universities, our approach is truly original and encompasses a growing collection of novel technologies and methodologies.
We are looking for an outstanding Bioinformatician / Computational Biology Scientist to join our Discovery Team. The Scientist will assume a critical role responsible for analyzing Next Generation Sequencing data of our high throughput discovery platform and identifying hits.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of analyzing sequencing data including single cell data and of using available genomic databases. The Scientist will have strong interpersonal skills, will have demonstrated a successful track record delivering against challenging commitments, and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in bio-engineering, material science, molecular biology, computational biology, and protein engineering fields.
- Working within a highly innovative group using biotechnology, molecular biology, material science, protein engineering and computational science to develop our high throughput discovery platform
- Develop pipelines for analyzing single cell NGS data of our high throughput discovery platform
- Curate public data from molecular biology assays of single cell transcriptomics, epigenomics and proteomics
- Identify possible targets for discovery
- Identify targets from analyzed output and investigate their biological rationale
- MSc or PhD in computational biology or a similar field
- In-depth knowledge and experience in computational analysis of NGS data
- In-depth knowledge and experience in transcriptomic, genomic and epigenomic biology and their data mining
- Expertise in analyzing single cell data
- Expertise in Python, Perl, R and Cloud infrastructure
- Post-doctoral, biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience is an advantage
- A strong desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A deep grounding and aptitude in cutting edge science and a high degree of integrity
- Focus, team orientation and a can-do motivating attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
Transition Bio, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .