Scientist/Senior Scientist, Cancer Biology
Terremoto Biosciences is looking for a self-motivated and intellectually curious Scientist/Senior Scientist to help discover a new generation of small molecule cancer therapeutics. The ideal candidate is an expert lab-based in vitro biologist who thrives on rigorous experimentation and is a consummate team player. The successful candidate will be an integral member of a diverse drug discovery team, with ample opportunity to progress their career development in drug discovery.
· Independently design, develop and execute cancer biology experiments to drive preclinical target biology.
· Use modern tools to model disease, identify and validate drug targets, formulate responder population hypotheses, and identify resistance mechanisms.
· Proactively review literature to bring in newest scientific findings, ideas, and methods/technologies for discovery research.
· Interpret, summarize, and present research findings in internal scientific meetings as part of our collaborative learning culture.
· Actively participate in and partner with multidisciplinary drug discovery teams.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Ph.D. in Cell and/or Molecular Biology, or Genetics, or Biochemistry, or Biology discipline. Postdoctoral research or industry experiences in relevant areas are preferred but all eligible applicants will be considered.
· Exceptional hands-on in vitro biology skills with deep experience in mammalian cell culture and standard molecular techniques (western blotting, ELISAs, PCR).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
· Capability to work within a dynamic matrix environment, with strong contribution to project strategies and progression.