Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that include motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, golf cars, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Market Research Analyst
to join our Marine
team in Kennesaw GA
. This role assists in the development of insights and recommendations gathered from market research and data analysis to support product planning and development, help the marketing department to effectively target and message to customers, and provide information to Marine Business Unit management to aid in the development of business strategy.Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for implementing quantitative and qualitative market research projects. This includes internal projects that are wholly conducted by the Research Team (i.e. survey development, survey programming, data collection, QC, analysis, reporting, and presentations) and external projects that utilize outside agencies.
- Manage and maintain industry and product trend analysis.
- Manage outside market research agencies. This includes: Making sure project milestones are completed on-time, project costs don't exceed established budget, making research leadership aware of potential issues as soon as possible. This also means making sure outside research partners understand overall business objectives and how to identify and contact marine consumers for research.
- Provide support for Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) program. This includes assisting with program management as well as summary reporting and providing support for internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for monthly New Customer Research and quarterly Dealer Research.
- Support unplanned and special projects from Marine Business Unit divisions and subsidiaries.
- Support the creation of actionable research reports that accurately and succinctly address defined business objectives.
- This is an individual contributor role that will work independently or with team members to support projects with limited assistance/oversight from department manager and senior team members. In addition, the position will own and have responsibility for specific reports and projects.
Reports to: Department Manager of Marine Research Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- 3+ years of market research/insights experience and a BA/BS degree in Marketing, Statistics, Business, Economics or a related field is required.
- Advanced degree (MA/MS/PHD) in Market Research, Statistics, Business, Economics, or related field is a plus.
- Experience working with survey software and analytical tools is desired (e.g. Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, SPSS, SAS, Tableau)
- Experience managing research projects from inception to completion (on the corporate-side or research agency-side).
- Experience reporting and presenting research findings to non-research audiences.
- Experience and proficiency with MS Office.
- Knowledge of advanced analytical methods (e.g. MaxDiff, Conjoint, Key Driver Analysis, Correspondence maps, etc.).
- Proficiency with building PowerPoint reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 5 - 10% travel required.