Who We Are
Atkore is forging a future where our employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together - a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world.
With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore is a leading provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.Who We Are Looking For
Atkore is an industry leader in the manufacturing of galvanized steel tubes and pipes, electrical conduit, armored wire and cable, metal framing systems and building components; serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security, mechanical and automotive applications.
Atkore is currently seeking an experienced Safety & Environmental Specialist for its facility located in Byesville, Ohio. This role is responsible for managing all plant Safety and Environmental programs in Byesville as well as provide support to other locations if necessary. The selected candidate will have a demonstrated knowledge of applicable safety and environmental regulations and a successful track record of managing these systems and programs.Job Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to environmental, health and safety, and maintaining company regulatory compliance records.
- Plan, implement and manage EHS policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) & EPA rules and regulations including Title V air permit and wastewater discharge reporting and recordkeeping.
- Plan, implement and manage programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, for example, but not limited to, fire prevention, lockout/tag out, fall protection and correct handling techniques for chemical, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Inspect facility to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use.
- Compile and submit accident and/or environmental reports required by corporation and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies
- Oversee the administration of the workers' compensation program.
- Maintain S&E files and records.
- Ensure timely submittal, acquisition and maintenance of all environmental permits and reports to maintain compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Assist in monitoring the skills and capabilities of those assisting with or leading S&E programs, recommend training, and provide day-to-day coaching, feedback and functional direction
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited 4-year university, or commensurate experience, in an engineering-related field.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Method 9 certified or willingness to become certified
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience with demonstrated knowledge of heavy manufacturing, including experience with environmental, safety, and Lean toolsets.
- Exposure to Lean principles or Six Sigma is highly desired.
- Must have strong analytical skills to determine root cause analysis and resolve operational failures and set corrective action/course
- Must be a driver of EHS requirements and capable of coordinating the design, build, and implementation of quality and safety solutions.
- Must enjoy working as both an individual contributor and as a facilitator for work teams.
- Must be action oriented and demonstrate energy for things seen as challenging.
- Must possess leadership, presentation, and training skills, organization and planning abilities.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong drive for results, able to quickly learn quality requirements/procedures.
- Must follow through with program implementation at all levels at the plant
Atkore is a recipient of a Great Place to Work© certification and a Top Workplaces USA award! We're committed to creating an engaged and aligned workforce that drives collaborative culture. Our team strives
for breakthrough results, stays
focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports
decisions of the Company. We consistently live the Atkore mission, strategic priorities, and behaviors, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build strong leaders that continually endeavor to move us forward.
With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore is a leading provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!