Research Associate - Biology
BridGene Biosciences is a biotech company in San Jose, CA, dedicated to discovering novel targets and developing new therapeutics for unmet medical needs. At BridGene, we apply our proprietary chemoproteomics platform, Isobaric Mass Tagged Affinity Characterization (IMTAC™), to pursue druggable targets across the entire proteome. IMTAC™ enables live-cell screening of small molecules to discover drug candidates for high-value and hard-to-drug oncology targets.
Currently, we are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our discovery biology team in support of our first pipeline project. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing interdisciplinary team that combines cutting-edge mass spec with precision medicine approaches in order to bring the next generation of small molecules to patients with hard-to-treat cancers. We provide a highly dynamic, science-driven, and collaborative working environment and great career incentives for motivated scientists looking to make an impact in drug discovery.
Covid-19 site restrictions mandate that all employees wear a face mask while onsite.
· Maintain and characterize mammalian cell lines in vitro (2D and 3D culture)
· Conduct proliferation, growth, and cell death assays to characterize the anti-tumor activity of small molecule inhibitors
· Design, plan, and execute various cell-based assays and biochemical assays with multiple biological readouts
· Execute a range of experiments using molecular biology techniques such as gene expression analysis at mRNA levels and protein levels
· Analyze, document, and present data
· B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or related discipline. Minimum of 5 years experience for B.S., 3 years for MS, and 0-3 years for Ph.D., either in industry or academic environment
· Hands-on research experience in an industry setting preferred
· Experience with aseptic mammalian cell culture is a must
· Prior experience with high-throughput (96- or 384-well) cell-based and biochemical screening assays (ELISA, pull-down, and Luciferase assay etc.) and standard molecular biology techniques is a plus
· Background in oncology or immunology research/drug discovery is a plus.
· Data analysis using Prism and Excel
· Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and troubleshoot experiments
· Ability to work with others in a fast-paced working environment
First and foremost, we're looking for a highly motivated and reliable team player to join our great team of biologists and chemists.
BridGene Biosciences, Inc. is located in San Francisco Bay Area, California. For immediate consideration, please send your CV through LinkedIn.
BridGene Biosciences is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.