Additional Locations: Renton, WA
Primary Locations: WA, Redmond, 14515 NE 87th Street, 98052
Requisition ID: 168402
Title: Inventory Arborist
Location: Renton, WA
Reports to: Ian Scott
Effective Date: Open to Suitable Applicants
Davey Resource Group, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the employee-owned Davey Tree Expert Company. We provide a wide range of natural resources, utility, GIS, and remote sensing consulting services. Do you want a career working outdoors? Do you want to grow as a leader? Join our Davey team today and help to create and deliver sustainable solutions! We are an extensive group of urban foresters, certified arborists, natural resource managers, environmental scientists, geospatial specialists, wildland firefighters, landscape, nursery, tree care, and park and recreation professionals.
Education and Qualifications
An individual must be able to perform each essential job duty consistently and
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Two to a four-year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Arboriculture, Environmental Science,
* Plant Biology or related discipline or equivalent experience in a similar position.
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record are required
* Urban forestry, Natural Resource Management or Wetland Management experience preferred
* ISA Certified Arborist
* ISA TRAQ
* Language Ability: Read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Write correspondence.
* Effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of
* the organization. Bi-lingual in Spanish is beneficial.
* Computer Skills: Basic computer skills, including proficiency with basic office applications. Proficiency with spreadsheet and GIS applications preferred
D.O.E.; cell phone/or cell phone reimbursement; training as needed/appropriate; company vehicle (or equivalent); complete coverage of approved industry memberships and professional affiliations, with approval; participation in all other Davey benefit programs (health insurance, 401k, stock options).
* Work safely and independently outdoors under a wide range of conditions and weather
* Inspect trees and other vegetation, identify common defects, and assess trees according to client needs and contract specifications
* Identify and measure local tree species, understand their typical growth rates, and recognize indicators of common diseases and pest infestations
* Recognize and identify common urban and parkland facilities and infrastructure and recognize elevated and unacceptable risk conditions according to client specifications
* Prescribe appropriate tree work needed to mitigate risk
* Understand and apply a variety of applicable regulations and compliance standards
* Summarize and report on observations and data collected in the field
* Operate handheld computers and/or other field technology
* Read and follow maps; navigate (in vehicle and on foot) through a variety of terrains
* Positively and effectively communicate with property owners and agencies
* Drive, operate and maintain vehicles in a variety of terrains and surfaces (including ATV's, when applicable)
What We Offer:*
* Paid time off and paid holidays.
* Opportunities for advancement.
* All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
* Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
* Group Health Plan.
* Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
* Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
* Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
* The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
* Charitable matching gift program.
* All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
Davey is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers all qualified employees and applicants for all positions regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law. It is our mandate that all matters related to the terms and conditions of employment and all treatment on the job be free of discrimination. In addition, harassment based on any protected characteristic is strictly prohibited.
To preview Davey's relevant EO/AA plan, please submit a written request to: The Davey Tree Expert Company, Attn: HR, 1500 N. Mantua Street, Kent, Ohio 44240.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law - English | Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement - English | Spanish
Right to Work - English | Spanish
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Horticulture, Inventory, Agriculture, Operations