POCONO NORTHEAST CONSERVATION & DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (PNERCD)CONSERVATION TECHNICIANFor US Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation ServiceDescription of Work:
PNERCD, a regional non-profit organization seeks to fill a grant funded Conservation Technician position, which will provide conservation technical assistance and conservation program delivery to private landowners. The incumbent will work with USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to promote, accelerate enrollment, coordinate and implement the conservation provisions of the Farm Bill.
Activities will include program promotion, contract coordination, conservation planning, conservation practice implementation, conservation practice design and inspection, site assessment and reporting. Provide technical assistance to private landowners and public organizations. This position is mostly field work with some work in the office. Must be comfortable working outdoors in headquarter farm areas and crop field settings. This position will be an employee of the Pocono Resource Conservation and Development Council with daily supervision and leadership provided by NRCS.Duty Location:
USDA Service Center at 10205 Raystown Road Huntingdon, PA, 16652Work Schedule
: 40 hours per week. The position is funded by an agreement between the Pocono Northeast RC&D Council and USDA-NRCS.Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with landowners and partner agencies.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele.
- Knowledge of conservation methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of conservation planning.
- Knowledge of or practical experience with agricultural systems and farming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS and/or USDA Conservation Desktop.
- Valid driver's license required; use of personal vehicle will be required (mileage reimbursement
Education and Experience Preferred
- Must be able to obtain USDA Federal Security Clearance.
: Degree in natural resource field and proven experience working with USDA Farm Bill programs (CRP, CREP, ACEP, EQIP and CSP) is preferred. Compensation:
The position is funded on an annual basis with an initial wage rate $18-$19 per hour, depending on experience. Mileage for travel for field work and training will be reimbursed.To Apply:
Interested candidates may apply directly though our website: pnercd.org/employment-opportunities.
POCONO NORTHEAST RESOURCE CONSERVATION & DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Altoona Mirror. Keywords: Conservation Technician, Location: Huntingdon, PA - 16652