With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of advance composite materials, including carbon fiber, woven reinforcements, resins, prepregs, honeycombs and additive manufactured parts. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the "strength within."
Hexcel is currently seeking an Environmental Affairs Manager to be located in either our Salt Lake City, UT, Seguin, TX, Decatur, AL, Kent, WA or Casa Grande, AZ location.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
* Support the strategic development and implementation of corporate environmental program that establishes a robust culture, prioritizes operational compliance with various environmental reporting obligations focused on continuous improvement supporting Hexcel's systems, procedures, and sustainability pursuits.
* Establish strong practices and systems, and drive collaboration and best practice sharing throughout the organization by leading continuous improvement activities targeting the reduction and optimization of energy consumption, GHG emissions, water usage and waste minimization across all Hexcel locations.
* Support Hexcel's various sustainability and ESG committees by implementing global sustainability initiatives and supporting CDP reporting.
* Ensure air emissions, hazardous waste volumes, wastewater constituent loads and other environmental performance values are calculated and effectively managed by site leadership and EHS professionals.
* Support the revision and/or implementation of focused environmental compliance and management system auditing, and support adherence to the ISO 14001 standard.
* Assist in the development of environmental permitting and compliance strategies, and support site EHS leaders in the preparation of applications for environmental permits and plans to support Hexcel's global operations, seeking and leveraging opportunities and creating competitive advantages, where applicable.
* Provide support for Hexcel's legacy environmental sites.
* Prepare and deliver presentations and communications to inform stakeholders about Hexcel's sustainability, environmental permitting, performance, and compliance status and actions, as necessary.
* Bachelor's degree in environmental engineering or equivalent technical degree required, master's degree and Professional Engineer's license or environmental certification is preferred.
* 8+ years of experience in multiple aspects of environmental compliance (e.g., air, water, waste) assurance and experience leading/supporting multiple sites preferred.
* 3+ years of global experience, preferably in the chemical or aerospace industries, with global regulatory agency interaction and the ability to manage multiple, complex technical projects.
* At least 5 years of experience preparing and submitting environmental permit applications and plans.
* Experience compiling, reviewing, analyzing, and managing environmental sustainability data (e.g., Scopes 1, 2, 3 emissions; waste; water consumption).
* Strategic thinker, innovative problem solver, able to lead and influence others in support of key environmental management system goals and organizational priorities.
* Proficient in data management, mathematical computations, interpreting environmental information and understanding the principles of chemistry and physics as they pertain to environmental engineering processes.
* Qualifications and/or experience in transportation and storage of hazardous materials is a plus.
* Team player who is self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks and work collaboratively with others to accomplish common goals in a matrixed, multinational company.
* The ability to travel globally
This position is restricted to U.S. citizens due to U.S. federal government contracts that require the employment of only persons who are U.S. citizens. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.