Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Human ResourcesImportant Applications Instructions:Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.Job Requisition ID:
Research (Non-Faculty Only)Organization:
SOM-Obstetrics & Gynecology-Research DirectorLocation/s:
Main Campus JacksonJob Title:
RN - Clinical Research - SOM - Obstetrics & Gynecology - FTJob Summary:
To coordinate and conduct research projects and related activities as assigned. To coordinate the recruitment, care and treatment of research participants in accordance with established study protocols and in accordance with FDA guidelines. To ensure adherence to applicable policies, procedures, standards, and practices.Education & Experience
Associate's degree in Nursing/diploma or Bachelor's degree in Nursing with two (2) years of related nursing experience (RN, LPN, Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, Student Nurse Extern, etc.) Valid RN license.Certifications, Licenses or Registration required:
Valid RN license.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of the principles and procedures of clinical research. Knowledge of FDA regulations. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of constituencies. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Ability to prepare and process laboratory samples using established protocols. Ability to draw blood, administer IVs and perform standard nursing procedures. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.Responsibilities
Physical and Environmental Demands
- Participates in coordinates the planning, development, and implementation of clinical protocols in accordance with established research parameters.
- Inputs data and maintains research databases and related records needed for research. Distributes research information to faculty, research staff, investigators, and others as requested.
- Oversees the planning, scheduling and implementation of daily clinical activities and procedures, ensuring adequate patient care and treatment.
- Ensures clinical activities are carried out in accordance with established research protocols, clinical procedures, and safety standards.
- Recruits and enrolls suitable candidate, ensuring required documentation is collected and processed. Provides basic background and education to participants.
- Administers prescribed medications, performs phlebotomy, monitors vital signs, and/or performs other specialized nursing procedures.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Requires frequent exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, frequent exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, frequent crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, frequent pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, frequent sitting, frequent standing, frequent twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)Time Type:
Full timeFLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Benefits EligibleJob Posting Date:
05/6/2022Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):