At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Arcadis is seeking an Assistant Environmental Project Manager/Task Manager to join our Environment Resiliency team in the United States. This is a position for a dynamic individual looking for career growth in environmental consulting.
In this role, you will assist Project Managers (PMs) with environmental investigation, remediation, and permitting projects. You will oversee the day-to-day activities of junior-level staff; schedule and coordinate task resources and solicit guidance from senior-level technical staff and PMs.
* Evaluate data to (1) support conceptual site models for environmental investigations, (2) delineate the nature and extent of contamination, and (3) modify and optimize post-remedy long-term-monitoring programs
* Assist with the development of CERCLA Remedial Investigations, Feasibility Studies, Proposed Plans, Records of Decisions, and Remedial Designs and/or their RCRA or State equivalent; this includes the coordination of teams for figure generation, data management, work plans, and/or other required supporting documents
* Address client and regulatory comments on deliverables and drive the strategy in achieving comment resolution (with PM)
* Conduct daily financial monitoring and reporting to PM
* Cost Estimating: prepare costs estimates to support establishing project budgets and evaluating subcontractor proposals
* Prepare subcontract agreements and coordinate all aspects of subcontractor tasks including scheduling, logistics, health, and safety
* Travel (up to 20%) may be required to visit project sites for client meetings, planning purposes, conduct safety audits, or oversee project implementation activities, depending on project staffing needs
Qualifications & Experience:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related discipline
* 2 years of project/task management experience to include controlling scope, schedule, budget, and ensuring adherence to Health and Safety Requirements
* Master of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related discipline
* P.E. or P.G. License
* 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification
* PFAS remediation experience
* Working familiarity with CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, or State level regulated remediation (e.g., State Voluntary Remediation Programs)
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Transform Your World
In accordance with the Colorado, New York City, Connecticut Equal Pay Transparency Rules:
Arcadis offers benefits for full-time positions. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage along with a 401K plan, STD and LTD, and Life Insurance as well as some additional optional benefits.
Full-time positions also come with annual PTO days and at certain levels, a bonus program may apply.
The salary range for this role is $60,000 - $100,000 for Colorado and Connecticut-based positions only.
The salary range for this role is $65,000 - $120,000 for New York City-based positions only.
Other locations will vary in salary range.