Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, theres no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And thats the kind of work we want to be part of.
The QC Analyst will act as a team member of the Quality Control department to support production of in-process and final product drug lots for customers. Also being able to participate in quality testing for ongoing customer stability studies. The QC Microbiology Analyst should be able to provide on-time, high quality results to meet Manufacturing demands.*This position is a night shift role that reports to work Mon-Fri from 8PM 4:30AM*While working this shift, the employee will receive a 20% shift differentialKey Requirements:
- Running test samples for In-Process, Lot Release and Stability studies including bioburden, endotoxin, TOC
- Reviewing assays
- Training others members of the team as needed
- Writing- Quality Records (Deviations, CAPA, Change Control) and Test Methods
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform assigned, complex and/or varied tasks with guidance from Supervisor.
- Applies job skills and company's policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Works on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry or Related Science field.
- Industry experience in a cGMP environment
- Use of Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Use of Laboratory computer systems (LIMS)
- Potential previous use of GMP Quality Systems such as: TrackWise
- Solid ability to speak publicly
- Solid ability to interpret data.
- Prioritization and problem solving.
- Comprehend and follow instructions.
- Direct, control and plan tasks/projects
- Solid ability to communicate in both written and verbal format.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Completes assignments on-time and accurately
- Displays commitment to quality and performs job functions to the best of her/his ability
- Timeliness in completing assigned tasks.
- Works entire assigned shift, including arriving on time.
Every day, Lonzas products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.