As a hands-on scientist, you will be designing and executing experiments for developing new biochemistry and molecular biology assays and determining performance of Pleno's detection chemistry. You will participate in innovative experimental work, interpret experimental findings, present results, and make suggestions for future experimental directions. You are comfortable working on multidisciplinary teams and presenting your work. Your practical experience with Biochemical/Molecular Biology techniques and research experience in industry or academic labs are a good fit for this role. About The Job
- Design and execute experiments for developing new assays and determining performance of Pleno's detection chemistry
- Systematically determine causes of sticking points and troubleshoot solutions to devise/revise experimental plans
- Suggest strategies for improving assay performance based on experimental results and knowledge of external advances in molecular detection strategies
- Perform data processing & statistical analysis
- Interpret and summarize experimental results and prepare clear and concise presentations for technical meetings
- Work to defined goals and within necessary timeframes
- Experience in Molecular biology and development of molecular assays (genomics, proteomics etc.), developing multiplexed bioassays or formulation and characterization of reagents for molecular assays
- Developing multiplexed bioassays
- Formulation and characterization of reagents for molecular assays
- Techniques used for manipulation of nucleic acids and other biomolecules
- Statistics and data processing, coding in Python, C+, R and other languages
- Technical proficiency, creative and inventive problem solving and scientific rigor
- B.Sc., Master's or PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related discipline
Note: Flexibility on title, responsibility and compensation commensurate with qualifications and industry experience.
We are hiring for positions onsite at our lab in San Diego, CA - all positions are full time employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form.