InVivo Biosystems is a growing, biotechnology company that enables scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering a more affordable and accessible platform. We develop solutions for the genetic modification of C. elegans and Zebrafish to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations. InVivo Biosystems is headquartered in Eugene, Oregon.Overview
This position is a collaborative, team-based role designed to perform genome editing tasks and deliver genome edited animals to our internal and external clients. This hands-on bench role is responsible for the delivery of daily/weekly transgenic project tasks and meeting delivery milestones.
If you are looking for a great team and interesting projects, join us at InVivo Biosystems! What You'll be Doing:
- Detect precise edits in vivo using standard to advanced molecular biology techniques.
- Screen and propagate de novo genome edited animals.
- Troubleshoot genome editing projects and analysis of genotyping data.
- Work collaboratively with the team to meet commercial timelines, with the ability to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement to optimize processes & timelines.
- Adhere to SOPs and provide detailed project tracking and documentation.
- Prepare solutions and buffers as necessary to complete the above activities
- Other responsibilities as assigned and support other teams as needed.
InVivo Biosystems is looking for individuals that possess a positive can-do attitude, are motivated by doing a job well, are adaptable and flexible, have a continuous improvement mindset and will thrive in a fast-paced collaborative and diverse environment. In addition, successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Solid mobio skills are a must - adept at standard techniques including PCR, primer design, and DNA Sequence Analysis.
- Advanced gene-editing experience required. Hands on experience with CRISPR genome editing methodologies (KO and HDR) or Tol2 transposon based transgenesis highly desired.
- Must have experience with standard RE cloning methodology and diagnostic techniques.
- In-vitro transcription and RNA purification experience.
- Experience with zebrafish, C. elegans, drosophila or other animal models preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic laboratory equipment and protocols
- Previous experience with microinjection.
- Experience working with genome assemblies such as ensemble or NCBI a plus.
- Experience with design of plasmids using vector building software such as Benchling, Ape or equivalent.
- High attention to detail, ability to creatively troubleshoot and reliability are a must.
- BS in molecular biology, bioengineering or similar life sciences field and at least 4 years of related laboratory experience. Master's degree preferred.
In addition to our friendly and collegial staff, we offer a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401k Plan with an employer match
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program (use what you need when you need it, don't wait for it to accrue)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Paternity & Pregnancy/Maternity Leaves
- Flexible work schedules
- Dog-friendly office
- Employee Events - including Summer BBQs, community service, and holiday-related events (virtually and in-person when we are able)
- We support a fully COVID-19 vaccinated facility and we do require COVID-19 and seasonal flu vaccinations excluding those who have exemptions.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Inclusion, it's in our DNA. At InVivo Biosystems, we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that encourages, supports, and celebrates diversity. These are not just words for us - we actively seek to create an environment that reflects the global community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are scientists, researchers, business people, and barrier breakers - we are unique individuals. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion drive innovation. Together, we spark the insights that create a better, healthier world.
InVivo Biosystems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.