Senior Regulatory Specialist - Kalamazoo, MI or Erlanger, KYDepartment/Function:
Corporate ComplianceJob Description:
SENIOR REGULATORY SPECIALIST - Kalamazoo, MI, or Erlanger, KY
REGULATORY & SCIENTIFIC AFFAIRS (RSA)
This is an exempt level position.
The senior specialist role provides Regulatory know-how and expertise to support the overall business strategy of the organization, both internally and externally. It involves regular verbal and electronic communication with R&D, Sales and customers to help grow and maintain the business. This position is also responsible for activities that assist WILD Flavors
A.M. Todd customers place their product(s) onto various markets in compliance with relevant end product rules, both domestic and international.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Proficiency in US FDA Food and Flavors is required; knowledge of IFRA (oral care) guidelines, US TTB rules, and other countries food/flavor regulations is preferred.
- Technical understanding of regulatory documentation and ability to conduct detailed research & interpretation of rules and guidance applicable to the Companys product portfolio and ingredients used therein.
- Communication skills that help to relate regulatory topics to non-regulatory audiences (Sales, Marketing, S&T).
- Ability to set priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail to minimize internal and external complaints.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Data maintenance: vendor communication, interpretation of vendor documents and creation and maintenance of technical data in the company database for purchased ingredients and finished
ADM / WILD Flavor/A.M. Todd products.
- Documentation: coordinates across functions and is responsible for the creation, issuance and updating of product documentation, which includes specifications, ingredient and allergen statements, nutritional information, GMO-status reviews, organic compliance, Kosher, Halal, country compliance, country of origin, SDS and other Regulatory documentation provided to customers and technical personnel as needed.
- Formula Assessments: reviews pending formula revisions /communicates any change notices required.
- Policy: assists in managing, reviewing and revising Regulatory work instructions; reviewing and applying Regulatory or client policies & practices; and maintaining local Regulatory Intranet page, customers purchasing specifications, and Chemtrec reporting (lnfotrac).
- Regulatory Information Provision: acts as an information resource and represents the regulatory viewpoint for both internal and external customers. This includes the provision of education and guidance to S&T and commercial teams on various food and oral-care regulatory topics.
- Audits: communicates with external governing agencies and third-party certifiers as required; participates in internal or external certification audits.
- Internal Support: data provision to finance team for TTB formula submissions and drawback.
- Other: performs other duties and special assignments as required. Willing to travel to corporate offices and industry/trade association events when applicable.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Food Science, Chemistry or other related science field; and/or equivalent qualifications through Associates degree and relevant job experience.
- 5-7 years technical regulatory experience, preferably in the area of compliance for the food/beverage/flavor, or cosmetic/oral-care industries. Flavor experience is preferred.
- Strong, independent analytical and problem-solving skills. Laboratory analytical skill is a plus.
- Strong computer skills: proficient in MS Office packages; adept in learning other software including internal programs.
- Planning/organizing: ability to focus on priorities and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines with minimal supervision. Project management experience would be beneficial.
- Proven interpersonal skills including ability to work in a team environment, and actively participate and contribute to team-building efforts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with solid attention to detail.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.City:
MI - MichiganRef ID:
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.About ADM::
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We're a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We're blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We're a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We're an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we're a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.