Gate Bioscience is a seed-stage, venture-backed start-up developing a new small molecule modality, Molecular Gates, that selectively blocks the synthesis of disease-causing proteins. Molecular Gates are uniquely suited to treat and cure devastating conditions including protein aggregation diseases, inflammatory cascades, cancer, and infectious diseases. GateBio has just moved out of stealth mode and is looking to add to their 10-person team.
Gate Bioscience is seeking an energetic and talented RA/SRA/Scientist with a broad range of laboratory skills to develop, validate and run a variety of bio-assays to support their early-stage programs. In this role, you will perform proof-of-concept and mechanistic studies to support their "Bullpen" of exciting new target concepts.
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in biology or related fields, with 3+ years of relevant research experience in industry or academia
- Basic mammalian cell culture (standard cell lines, DNA transfection)
- Development & validation of high-throughput bioassays: including ELISAs and a variety of cell-based assays
- Experience with Western Blotting & ex-vivo tissue analysis
- Experience with cell line engineering and working with primary cells
- Experience with, or a desire to learn automation to facilitate the running of high-throughput assays
- Bonus: some experience with basic in vivo pharmacology skills including dosing mice and rats, weighing animals, and tissue harvesting
- Exceptional hands, meticulousness & organizational skills
- Experience in a drug discovery setting preferred
- understands timelines and deadlines, ability to present data clearly
- By month one: You are able to perform assay development and validations on a key ELISA assay to measure levels of their protein of interest in mouse tissues
- By month three: You have the ELISA assay up and running; you have integrated into the team and are running other assays to support their programs
- By month six: You are able to run steady-state and support additional cellular assays for drug development/the Bullpen. You are able to take over some of the in vivo workflow from the CRO partners
Powered by JazzHR