Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikons discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.Position
As a Research Associate at Eikon, you will join an interdisciplinary team working to operationalize Eikons live-cell, single-molecule screening platform as part of a larger drug development effort. Youll have a key role in pioneering these assays, and will work with a team of biologists, chemists, computer scientists, and engineers who rely on the biological data you will generate. About You
You are highly motivated to join an interdisciplinary team and to push the frontier of drug discovery. You pay attention to detail and rigorously document your work. You are creative, adaptable and enjoy problem solving in a fast-paced environment. You thrive in a team environment and appreciate working with people from different backgroundWhat Youll Do
- Perform cell culture, cell/molecular biology experiments and high-throughput screenings to advance drug discovery projects.
- Contribute to the Development of new high-throughput assays focusing on advanced imaging technologies.
- Be responsible for ensuring reliable assay output, maintaining rigor and reproducibility at the forefront
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- Summarize key biological results to advance drug discovery efforts across an array of disease areas
- Collaborate and communicate across a diverse team of biologist, chemist, engineer and computer scientist.
- Bachelors degree in molecular biology, cell biology, chemical biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or related fields.
- Basic knowledge of fluorescence microscopy.
- Capacity for quantitative and/or statistical analysis using common software tools (g., Microsoft Suite, GraphPad Prism, etc.).
- Willing to work weekends as needed (rotating).
- 2+ years of academic research and/or industry experience.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture.
- Working experience with fluorescence microscopy, automation, and other high-throughput instrumentation is a plus .
- Knowledge of programming language (eg. R, Python) is a plus.
- Working experience with high-throughput data analysis is a plus.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Companys duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDAs emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date.
If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and Californias Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Companys Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.