Overview / Responsibilities Role Overview
Wood has an opportunity for a summer Environmental Engineering Intern in the Phoenix, Arizona office. The on-call position has a flexible work schedule to accommodate a student intern. Hours will vary depending on project needs. The position could continue into school year, as the student schedule allows, and project needs require. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Assisting with project-related tasks in the office and field.
- Office tasks may include research, reviewing laboratory analytical reports, and updating data tables.
- Field tasks may include soil and groundwater sample collection, data logging and contractor oversight.
- Current undergraduate (minimum junior level) or graduate student in good standing working towards a degree in Environmental Engineering or closely related field within an accredited program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff in a team environment.
- Must pass drug test, background check, and physical and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.