New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in customer facing commercial or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment."Position Description:
With management direction,
- Responsible for providing compliant environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs to operating departments at the West Point site.
- Integrates EHS programs into daily operations to assure regulatory compliance, achieves continuous performance improvement, meeting EHS performance objectives.
- Partners with operations to develop objectives to achieve these goals in alignment with site business goals and values.
- Responsible for supporting environmental, health, and safety compliance programs.
- Working closely with operating areas to verify regulatory compliance programs.
- Responsible for area walkthroughs and score carding as applicable.
- Assist with EHS sampling, compliance calculations, and regulatory reporting.
Primary activities include:
Position Qualifications:Education Minimum Requirement:
- Completes hazard assessments, industrial hygiene monitoring, process hazard analysis, life safety reviews, incident investigations, environmental regulatory field analysis, environmental reports, and permit applications.
- Reviews processes, facilities, procedures, and management of change documents to assure conformance to recognized EHS regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Provides support to client groups in completing injury/illness analysis, training, self-assessments and addressing specific EHS concerns as they are raised
- Provides EHS support for manufacturing division
- Serve as site ergonomics lead Manage site's EHS management system
- Performs area inspections for compliance including periodic documentation review.
- Supports implementation of compliance initiatives for operating areas.
- Assist with EHS data collection, modeling, regulatory report submissions, and training development/delivery.
- Manages EHS self-assessment program and standards implementation tracking.
- Tracks and communicates EHS score card metrics.
- Participates in regulatory inspections and assists in addressing noted concerns and citations.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree required, concentration in Chemical Engineering, Safety, or Environmental related technical discipline preferred.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 3 - 5 years applied professional EHS work experience. Proficiency in the areas of environmental compliance, occupational and process safety, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Basic level of proficiency in the areas of environmental compliance, occupational health and safety, process safety, critical thinking, communication skills, and problem solving
- Awareness of project management techniques and basic budgeting.
- Possess or working toward relevant professional certification(S), such as CSP and/or CIH
- Understanding and prior support of bio-manufacturing facilities and pharmaceutical R&D is preferred but not required.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HEREUS and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails. Employee Status:
No relocationVISA Sponsorship:Travel Requirements:Flexible Work Arrangements:Shift:Valid Driving License:Hazardous Material(s):Number of Openings: