Burns & McDonnell is looking for a Senior Sustainability Specialist to lead, scope, and coordinate sustainability program opportunities across Burns and McDonnells wide range of clients. This role will be key to coordinating and implementing Burns & McDonnells wide range of Sustainability Services.
- Lead the sustainability, environmental, social and corporate governance planning services for our clients. This includes strategy development materiality assessments, and establishment of metrics.
- Work with a team of sustainability solutions engineers, scientists and communications specialists to plan and implement sustainable projects to meet our clients goals.
- Assist with preparing marketing materials for overall implementation of the marketing/communications strategy for sustainability to broaden the brand both internally and externally.
- Participate and lead sustainability planning sessions with our clients and develop plans to assist with plans to achieve their net zero, sustainability, ESG and other goals.
- Assist clients with development of Science Based Targets
- Provide detailed information on various ESG reporting programs to support their sustainability goals and reporting.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business to grow services and market share. Lead and partner with clients in developing sustainability strategies.
- Deep understanding of current sustainability challenges within private and public sector clients with proven track record of providing solutions.
- Leverage existing relationships to support the growth of Sustainability and ESG opportunities throughout North America.
- Prepare proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads.
- Build and support relationships with regulatory entities, vendors and product/service companies.
- Bachelor's Degree in sustainability, environmental policy, climate change, planning, environmental engineering, or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- 10 years experience in Sustainability and ESG planning arena, preferably as a consultant, but will also consider industry experience.
- Experienced in sustainability and/or climate resilience planning
- Experienced with the design and implementation of sustainability programs such as energy, air emissions, waste, and water.
- Leadership experience including business development, proposal development, and project management.
- Must be experienced in performing exciting informative presentations and having an open dialogue with clients.
- Understanding of pertinent accreditations in sustainability and carbon emissions a plus.
- Knowledge of GHG Protocol and general corporate sustainability reporting topics.
- Good broad understanding of sustainability topics including climate resilience, emerging technologies and renewables, zero waste planning, net-zero and implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Primary Location US-MO-Kansas City
Other Locations US-VA-Richmond, US-IL-Downers Grove, US-DC-Washington, US-NC-Raleigh, US-TX-Austin, US-MI-Detroit, US-GA-Atlanta, US-MN-Duluth, US-MO-Saint Louis, US-CA-San Francisco, US-CA-Walnut Creek, US-TX-Houston, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-CA-Brea, US-WI-Madison, US-CA-San Diego, US-NC-Charlotte, US-MN-Minneapolis/St Paul, US-IL-Chicago
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 211716