OmahaJob Description:General Responsibilities:
Conduct and participate in standard archeological work assignments as needed, including background research, artifact and records processing, field excavations and monitoring, laboratory processing, and reporting as assigned. Assists with the execution of all phases of Terracon Cultural Resource projects. Cleans and maintains field and lab equipment and supplies. May assist other Terracon environmental service lines on projects. Adheres to strict safety standards.
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if youre interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Independently perform routine field tasks associated with excavation, including documenting and cataloging, note taking, photographic documentation.
- Participate in and support routine laboratory tasks including washing and cataloging artifacts, creating inventories, processing records and associated documents.
- Conduct background research including accessing the Sites Atlas and other on-line information resources.
- Understands and can help complete curation requirements.
- Contribute to reporting by creating intelligible, technically appropriate written content.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- College degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field.
- Previous field and laboratory experience including the equivalent of at least one year of full-time job experience.
- Valid drivers license with acceptable violation history.
- Ability to travel overnight, sometimes for multiple consecutive days.
- Ability to clearly express technical information in written format.
- Part-time or full-time schedule available.
Graduate degree; demonstrable familiarity with at least one artifact material category; active participation in statewide professional associations and/or other evidence of professional engagement in the larger community.Exemption:
Archeological TechnicianEmployment Type:
Regular, Full TimeCity, State (Office Location):
Omaha, NEAbout Terracon:
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracons growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracons vision of Together, we are best at people is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement:
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.Job Category:
Technician/InspectorTerracon's COVID-19 Safety Response:Committed to Our Employee Safety!Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. Its that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being Best at People, here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety,
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say no to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
and if youre interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!