Foghorn Therapeutics is pioneering the discovery and development of a new class of medicines targeting genetically determined dependencies within the chromatin regulatory system, an untapped opportunity for therapeutic intervention. Our proprietary Gene Traffic Control platform gives us an integrated, mechanistic understanding of how the various components of the chromatin regulatory system interact, allowing us to identify, validate and potentially drug targets within the system.The Company, currently in the clinical stage, is advancing over 10 small molecule and protein degrader programs across a wide range of cancers.
Foghorn was founded in 2016 by Cigall Kadoch, Ph.D., Gerald Crabtree, M.D., and Doug Cole, M.D., of Flagship Pioneering. Learn more about Foghorn atwww.foghorntx.com. About the Chromatin Regulatory System
The chromatin regulatory system regulates gene expression by directing the movement of molecules that turn genes on and off. Disease dependencies associated with the chromatin regulatory system are estimated to impact over 2.5 million cancer patients across the United States, Europe and Japan. This system is further implicated in neurological, autoimmune, and other serious diseases. Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Protein Biochemistry
We are seeking a Research Associate / Senior Research Associate (RA/SRA) for our Protein Biochemistry Group to contribute hands-on experience in recombinant protein characterization, and protein x-ray crystallography. The ideal candidate would be a detail-oriented, organized, and skilled biochemist, as well as an excellent communicator and team player. The RA/SRA will have opportunities to help grow our proprietary Gene Traffic Control platform and support drug discovery efforts on exciting pre-clinical programs including the ARID1B program, and in doing so help us achieve our goal of discovering novel therapeutics to improve patients lives.Responsibilities
- Performing characterization and quality control of recombinant proteins and protein complexes on a regular basis.
- Contributing to broader drug discovery efforts via construct design, protein x-ray crystallography and assay development
- Collaborating and communicating with colleagues across multiple functions to support project-specific protein sourcing needs and the design and execution of assays to interrogate protein-protein interactions
- Presenting experimental descriptions and findings in a clear and concise fashion to diverse teams varying in size and focus
- BA/BS or MS degree in Biochemistry or a related field with at least 2 years of experience in characterizing recombinant proteins
- Extensive hands-on experience with multiple techniques for protein quality control and quantitation (eg. BCA assay, SDS/native-PAGE, Western blot, UV-Vis spectroscopy, DLS and SEC-MALS)
- Experience with key concepts in protein construct design biophysics scale purification (on AKTA-FPLC, Agilent HPLC or similar)
- Hands-on experience in protein x-ray crystallography
- Excellent oral, visual and written communication skills are required
- Ability to troubleshoot experiments and browse scientific literature for relevant results and protocols
- Familiarity with protein structure, PyMOL, and biophysical assays (eg. FRET) is a plus