Why Seres Therapeutics
Seres Therapeutics is a leading microbiome therapeutics platform company developing a novel class of multifunctional bacterial consortia that are designed to functionally interact with host cells and tissues to treat disease.OurSER-109 program achieved the first-ever positive pivotal clinical results for a targeted microbiome drug candidate and has obtained Breakthrough Therapy and Orphan Drug designations from the FDA. The SER-109 program is being advanced for the treatment of recurrent C. difficile infection and has potential to become a first-in-class FDA-approved microbiome therapeutic.
Seres Therapeutics is a member of the Flagship Pioneering family of companies. Position Summary
At Seres, we're leading the microbiome revolution - and our most revolutionary asset is our team. Their courage and deep commitment are what drives us on our mission to transform the lives of patients worldwide with revolutionary microbiome therapeutics.
Reporting to the Director, Donor Laboratory Sciences, this position is ideal for someone looking to break into a new field and to grow. In this position, you will be the Technical Supervisor for a new CLIA Lab located in the Philadelphia, PA suburbs. Relocation packages will be considered. What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
- Recruit and train and supervise lab staff. Provide leadership, coaching, recognition, and staff development.
- Establish priorities, workloads, schedules, controls, work procedures and day-to-day problem resolution and troubleshootingutilizing Six Sigma and Lean concepts, tools and methodology in the department
- Schedule and manage the use of labor and resources within budgetary guidelines. Manage waste reduction and establish priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determine resources needed for expense reduction.
- Under the direction of the Laboratory Director, ensures area(s) of responsibility are maintained in accreditation with College of American Pathologists (CAP), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and licensing for Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) for donors screening. Also ensures laboratory is compliant with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Participate and may lead task forces to plan, implement, and coordinate activities to maximize service quality, compliance effectiveness and efficiency. Develop and monitor performance matrix to ensure quality patient care.
- Track and manage sample volume in relation to available capacity
- Serve as a resource and communication liaison with all three Donor Collection sites by facilitating timely and accurate dissemination of information within Seres.Work with medical staff in all DCF sites to ensure quality donors and services are provided
- Perform PCR runs, analyze data, and prepare technical reports according to standard operating procedures
You May Also Bring
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological science field, required
- A valid Pennsylvania license is required (microbiology), with certification in Microbiology by ASCP.
- Four (4) to Five (5) years of relevant experience in Microbiology and/or molecular biology in high-complexity testing in the respective specialist
- Minimum one year experience in biotech, pharmaceuticals, clinical laboratory, or related area is preferred.
- Working knowledge of CLIA, CAP, and related FDA regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of GMPs and/or CLIA and principles of Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- The ability to lift, push, pull and carry 20 pounds throughout a normal day is required, as is the ability to lift 50 pounds
- Job conditions to be expected include occasional evening and holiday hours. Regular schedule may require weekends. Participate in on-call duties per laboratory policy.
- As this is an essential position with direct responsibility to donors and/or patients, incumbent should be prepared to work extended hours or possibly during periods of inclement weather or other emergencies.
- This position involves direct exposure to blood borne pathogens.
Candidates should be aware that Seres Therapeutics currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date.
Seres is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.