Avery Dennison is seeking an Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Specialist II for our manufacturing site in Lowell, Indiana. In this role you will report to the site Plant Manager and serve as a key member of the Plant Leadership Team. Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Implementing programs and developing facility specific procedures that ensure compliance with regulatory and Company requirements.
- Integration of Company and facility level EHS management systems to maintain compliance, environmental protection and a safe operating conditions.
- Regularly reviewing and reporting the status of regulatory compliance and improvement initiatives.
- Maintaining OSHA 300 log, form 101, and all other governmental and corporate database records.
- Coordinating and controlling an effective accident prevention program.
- Implementing education and training to support regulatory and business requirements.
- Function as the contractor-plant representative to assure compliance of all process safety management (PSM)-related requirements from contractors.
- Acting as a resource and support to facility safety teams.
- Investigating all releases, injuries and near-misses.
- Coordinating the Job Safety Analysis program and OSHA Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) compliance program and maintaining the safety data sheet (SDS) system.
- Conducting periodic inspections of plant machinery, equipment, and working environment to ensure conformance to appropriate safety and sanitary standards and regulations.
- Driving continuous improvement and delivering strong results from behavioral based processes.
- Maintaining the facility's compliance records for permits. Reviewing Federal, State and local regulation changes that impact permits and permit compliance. Collaborating with regulatory agencies, as needed.
- Identifying and assessing hazardous conditions and practices and developing hazard control practices and programs.
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Chemical, Environmental Engineering / Science or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of EHS experience with progressive work assignments. Advanced professional certification in safety e.g. CSP, CIH, etc. preferred.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements and EHS policies, procedures and programs.
- Experience in life safety codes: EHS rules, HAZOP, training, principles of occupational safety and health, and Industrial hygiene.
- Project/Problem Resolution skills.
- Critical thinking with the ability to lead a team and good interpersonal communications.
- Strong coaching, facilitating and training skills.#PIQ#MOGUL
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or email@example.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.PandoLogic. Keywords: Occupational Health Specialist, Location: Demotte, IN - 46310 , PL: 529786099Required Preferred Job Industries