Imagine a future where a simple urine test can detect deadly diseases before they get out of control. A future when diseases can be intercepted, and people don?t become patients. At Glympse Bio, we are working to turn this vision into a reality. Take a glimpse into that future, where we are taking a glimpse inside the body.
Named as FierceMedTech?s 2018 Fierce 15, our company is about ?taking steps over, around or through what many have accepted as the limits of current medical technology? and we attract and hire talent to do just that.
About the Role:
We are seeking a motivated Research Associate to join our growing Research organization and contribute to the development of novel NASH diagnostics, with the goal of staging patients eligible to upcoming treatments and monitoring drug response. This position will involve the close coordination of efforts with scientists in NASH biology, biochemistry, and biocomputational, as well as participation in experimental design and execution, data generation, and analysis. The candidate will be responsible for communication of findings to the research team and active participation in project teams. The position will afford the opportunity to work alongside a highly dynamic and collaborative team to develop an entirely new diagnostic modality.
- Support target identification and validation efforts to advance NASH biology sensed by our diagnostic
- Assist with in vivo testing of new diagnostic formulations
- Work closely with CROs and pharmaceutical partners to test our diagnostic ability to monitor drug response
- Design, develop and execute ELISA-based assays and IHC staining to verify target identification
- Execute, troubleshoot, and optimize standard protocols, and survey scientific literature to inform the development of additional assays
- Write and implement IACUC mouse protocols to allow pre-clinical work for the NASH project
- Rigorously document research methods and results in an electronic lab notebook, and effectively communicate findings to the organization at internal meetings
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- BS or equivalent degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, molecular biology or similar discipline with 2+ years of relevant laboratory research experience
- MS or equivalent in a similar discipline (appreciated but not required)
Skills and expertise:
- Support the experiments designed by the lead Scientist using in vivo studies in mice which requires animal handling including dosing (RO, IV, SC, IP), blood sampling, urine collection and organ harvest
- Experience with ELISA-based assays, IHC staining, qPCR and Western blotting techniques
- Passionate about scientific discovery, self-motivated, and eager to learn new skills and contribute to the success of the organization
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and critical thinking skills, and the ability to thrive in an interdependent and idea-rich environment
- Capability to design and execute thoughtful experiments, troubleshoot, and implement innovative solutions
Compensation & Benefits
Glympse Bio provides competitive compensation and benefits package that support and reward the contributions of each member of the team.
We are a dynamic and high energy team that is committed to pushing scientific boundaries in pursuit of our goals. We are creative, agile, resilient, and always have the ?courage to continue?. We work as a team, committed to each other?s success, in an environment where every team member is important.
Glympse Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status.