Senior Director Language Strategy: Public Affairs
Job Locations US-NY-New York
Type Regular Full-Time
maslansky + partners is a language strategy and research consultancy that helps the world's most influential and innovative organizations harness the power of language to drive behavior change. Our work is guided by a simple, powerful idea: it's not what you SAY that matters, it's what your audience HEARS.
Our roots are in politics, and our firm is recognized as pioneering the art and science of issue framing to help candidates and organizations shape public discourse. Our clients look to us to win the messaging war on issues that matter. We've shaped the conversation on topics from the death tax to climate change, from pre-K education to biosimilar regulation, and from online safety and to financial risk.
Today, we also apply our expertise to help clients communicate with confidence amidst rapidly changing consumer, investor, and employee expectations. We help them define their purpose, rebuild their reputation, respond to crisis, and effectively navigate the range of Environmental, Social, and Governance challenges they face today.
We are looking for expert communicators who love the process of finding and framing the most effective messages to join the firm that invented Language Strategy®.
Responsibilities What you'll do:
- Lead client engagements. Working with a partner or SVP, you will run client engagements from conception to presentation, including discovery, analytics, message development, research, and language strategy creation.
- Build compelling language strategies. You'll become expert in our clients and their industries and deliver strategic counsel on what to say, what not to say, and why it matters.
- Strengthen client relationships. Our most important job is to deliver exceptional work. In the process, you'll actively engage clients as a valued advisor, work to understand their challenges, and cultivate relationships to expand the work we do together.
- Coach and Mentor . At the heart of our success is our commitment to challenge, support, develop, and mentor our people. You will coach and mentor your team to help them achieve demonstrable success in learning and growth.
- Contribute to our company direction . As a senior member of our team, you will actively participate in helping us decide which ideas deserve investment and how to turn them into reality.
Qualifications What we're looking for:
Four reasons to join the maslansky + partners team:
- Expertise borne from experience. You have 7-10 years of experience working in public affairs, issue advocacy, polling, political or executive communication, or political or business journalism. You've learned a lot along the way and can apply insights and perspectives to new challenges.
- Strong critical thinking and persuasive communication skills . You understand how to analyze problems, synthesize information into meaningful insight, and turn insight into strategies, narratives, and arguments that are clear, concise, and compelling.
- Passion for personal and business growth . You are intellectually curious and deeply empathetic. Confident and coachable. Ambitious and collaborative. Eager to deliver your best and earn the next piece of business. We are looking for a rare blend of qualities that will help ensure that you fit in - and that you help us stand out.
- Presence and a point of view . When you deliver a recommendation or a presentation, we want people to remember - both for the caliber of your thinking and the quality of your presentation.
- Experience with polling and market research . If you have serious market research experience, that's great. But experience working with polling and other types of market research - as a client, agency, or otherwise - is a must.
- You won't be bored. You will work with diverse clients and industries on diverse challenges that allow you to learn every step of the way.
- You will be challenged and grow. We'll make you a stronger strategic thinker, a better writer, and a more confident presenter, as part of a culture focused on feedback and committed to personal growth. If you are good, you will not get lost…your contribution will be recognized and rewarded.
- You can make a big impact. Our team is encouraged to use our passion and expertise to support causes that matter. Through work with PENCIL, Head Start, SBP, and our Project Good Words program, we've improved access to education, career opportunities, disaster relief, and clean water…to name a few.
- You'll definitely have a good time. We do serious work but never take ourselves too seriously. Lots of work and lots of fun to help you stay energized and engaged.
The position includes all the standards like competitive compensation, health, vision, and dental insurance, paid time off, bonuses, 401k plans. Oh…and free lunch on Mondays!
If you're intrigued, you should have already checked out our website. If you haven't done so yet, we won't hold it against you, but do it right now: www.maslansky.com.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.