Environmental Technician II
PSI, an Intertek company, is searching for an Environmental Technician II
to join our Building & Constructionteam in our Schenectady, NY
office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the environmental, engineering, and construction industry!
The Environmental Technician II
will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing the Environmental projects in the Schenectady, NY
The Building & Construction team provides assurance, testing, inspection, and certification services and building science solutions to deliver Total Quality Assurance to the built environment. The team offers the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site.What you'll do:
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- Potential for involvement in Wetlands consulting
- Potential for involvement in Asbestos Surveys, Lead Surveys, and Indoor air quality
- Potential for involvement with Brownfield projects
- Potential for air sampling of remediation sites
Why work at Intertek?
- Requires a technical degree - Environmental Science, Geology, Biology, or related field is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of environmental consulting experience required
- Must be able to perform tasks in varying field/office conditions
- Must be computer literate and able to operate most field/office equipment relating to one's discipline
- Strong technical proposal and report writing abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Valid Driver's License and reliable driving record (required)
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services. We are ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and are able to provide the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on-site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy .What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek , you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.