Buffalo, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=55+Chicago+Street+Buffalo+NY+14204) Environmental
Fisher Associates Overview:
Fisher Associates, P.E., L.S., L.A., D.P.C. is a consulting engineering and professional services firm serving the Transportation, Land Development and Energy market sectors. Our comprehensive services include planning, engineering, environmental, survey, GIS and construction representation.
Fisher Associates continues to consistently meet the demands of our state, municipal, and private industry clients across the country. OurClientship Philosophy means responsiveness and accountability. We think with the end in mind to assist our clients to realize their goals.
Environmental Technician Summary:
Fisher Associates, P.E., L.S., L.A., D.P.C., headquartered in Rochester NY, with five offices in NY and PA is currently seeking an entry/mid-level Environmental Technician to perform environment field and reporting tasks. This position is largely a field position and when in the office, would be working out of either the Buffalo or Rochester, NY office. The selected candidate must be self-motivated and able to follow through with assignments, with a strong background and field expertise in site investigation and remediation, environmental site assessments, soil and water sampling, and hazardous materials investigations (asbestos, lead, PCBs, mold, etc.). This is an entry or mid-level professional position (1 5 years of experience) providing the individual with an opportunity to expand upon their site investigation and remediation field skills, as well as report preparation, proposal preparation, and permitting skills.
- Conducting Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- Site Investigation and Remediation
- Soil sampling
- Water sampling
- Stormwater inspections
- SPCC plan preparation
- Hazardous waste management plan preparation
- Asbestos surveys
- Asbestos abatement monitoring
- Lead abatement monitoring
- Regulatory permitting
- Remediation monitoring
- Report preparation and interactions with state and federal agencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Geology, Health & Safety, Environmental Science or related field
- 1 5 years relevant in field experience
- Experience in some or all the following activities: proven site investigation and remediation expertise, soil and surface/groundwater sampling, Phase I and II Environmental site assessments, environmental compliance audits, stormwater inspections, SPCC plan preparation, Hazardous Materials Investigations
- Experience with federal and state water and waste permitting programs in NY and PA and surrounding northeast states
- An understanding of municipal, state, and federal environmental regulations, permitting, and policy in NY, PA and surrounding states, including CERCLA and RCRA
- The individual should be comfortable working in physically challenging outdoor situations in all types of weather and traveling on a regular basis to project sites located in NY, PA and the surrounding region.
- Strong skills in operating field sampling equipment including GPS, PID/FID, XRF.
- Estimated field/office time: 90% / 10%. Must be willing to travel and work 10+ hours/day when in the field.
- Must possess a valid New York State driver's license.
Preferred qualifications/experience include:
- 1-5 years relevant experience
- Experience as a Field Task Manager/Field Crew Lead
- Experience leading site investigations/remedial activities
- Experience with state water and waste regulatory permitting programs in one or more of the following a plus: NY, PA, NJ, CT, MA, OH and WV
- Experience working on Brownfield projects
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to effectively express his or herself orally among internal staff, clients, sub-contractors, and regulatory agencies
- Experience working with private and municipal clients on spill response, remediation, and/or reclamation projects
- Experience performing Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) inspections
- Previously completed OHSA 10-Hour Construction Safety Training
- Previously completed OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training, must be current on 8-hour refresher
- Experience with reading plans/blueprints with knowledge of building systems (HVAC, insulation, building products)
- EPA/DOL Asbestos Inspector/Project Monitor/Air Tech or willing to obtain certifications
- USEPA Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor
- Detail oriented and able to work independently
- Exhibit a mature sense of professional responsibility and awareness of accepted standards of professional behavior
- Experience with statistics, ArcGIS or AutoCAD
- Computer skills including experience with MS Office Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work as part of a larger team a must
- Previously completed NYSDEC 4-Hour Erosion and Sediment Control Training, a plus
- Experience in performing wetland and waterbody delineations a plus
Fisher Associates does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, employment status, disability or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws. AA/EOE