FL70, Inc is one of the latest companies founded through Flagship Pioneering's venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics, Rubius Therapeutics, and Evelo Therapeutics were conceived and created. Since Flagship's founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. FL70 is integrating the latest developments in molecular biology and plant biology to create a new platform technology that enables adaptive, targeted, and sustainable solutions in agriculture. Position Summary:
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate - Molecular Biology
(flexible leveling dependent on experience) to join our team and play a key role in our platform. This is an opportunity to work with exceptional scientists to develop cutting-edge technology to revolutionize sustainable agriculture. You will gain hands-on experience with molecular biology technologies, such as RNA extraction, purification, and quantification. You will be working with diverse plants and microorganisms, and you will interface with teams to contribute to a variety of different projects utilizing cutting-edge laboratory automation technologies to perform molecular protocols. The role requires experience working with RNA and collaborating with project teams. The successful candidate is highly organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and an integral part of a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team. Excellent communication, record-keeping, and teamwork will be critical.Key responsibilities include:
- Perform molecular assays and execute protocols for RNA extraction, purification, and quantification
- Learn to operate lab automation technology
- Record and validate quality control metrics for molecular workflows
- Organize and curate biological inventory
- Capture, analyze and communicate molecular data using Excel and other software
- Assist with a variety of R&D projects and maintain organized schedules for sample processing
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, and propose solutions to continuously improve workflows
- Assist with lab management and plant care tasks
- Experience working with RNA and proper RNA hygiene
- Experience working on project teams
- Basic knowledge of statistics and use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and highly motivated to work with a diverse interdisciplinary team
More About Flagship Pioneering
- BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Plant Biology, Microbiology, or a related discipline
- 1+ years professional laboratory experience; experience working in industry is highly desired
- Enthusiasm for science and willingness to adapt to the changing needs of a fast-paced research and development effort.
- Adaptive and a quick learner, efficient in multi-tasking and trouble-shooting.
- A strong self-starter, results oriented with a strong attention to detail.
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering's Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model .
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically ? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan , Flagship Pioneering's CEO. Recruitment & Staffing Agencies:
Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, "FSP") do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering's internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.