SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential. Job Description
Our Hayward, CA laboratory is looking for a Microbiology Analyst
to join theirMicrobiology team
!The Microbiology Analystassists the Microbiology Supervisor in preparation and analysis of environmental and industrial hygiene samples.Job Functions:
- Performs analyses on routine and moderately complex samples according to SGS' analytical SOPs using instrumentation specific to the department and analytical methodologies.
- Performs routine operation, maintenance, calibration, and trouble-shoots laboratory instruments / equipment.
- May assist with the development and validation of analytical methods, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other operating, safety and quality documents for method development, transfer, and validation studies.
- Provides technical training, advice and support to Analysts in data analysis.
- May provide technical support to Marketing, Sales, Customer Service and clients regarding testing, reporting or technical inquiries.
- Inputs and maintains technical information as needed to support the laboratory functions/operations.
- Manages multiple projects as assigned.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in a life science is required; biology, mycology, or microbiology
- Laboratory experience, especially microscopy, a plus
- PCR experience a plus
- Comfortable handling live bacteria and fungal cultures
- Experience analyzing non-viable fungal air/bulk samples by microscopy
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, experience with LIMS, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to comply with existing processes and adapt to new processes and/ or changes within the organization
- Team player with positive, respectful attitude
- Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to balance multiple projects concurrently (with different deadlines) and arrange the resources necessary to accomplish them
- Conforms to all applicable policies and procedures of the laboratory.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects.