Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Not Applicable/NoneJob Description:
Ready to put your geological knowledge to work on marquee environmental projects that will change the fabric of our community? Would you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of general geological and field tasks tasks on complex projects? Parsons is now hiring a Geologist/Hydrogeologist for our rapidly expanding environmental team for project work in the Northeastern US.
Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your geological experience and engineering techniques will propel your career forward. We need our Geologists at this level to apply experience and increasing proficiency in the use of geological theories, practices, and company policies. The selected candidate will have performed remedial investigations on large petroleum contaminated properties, former MGP sites, and Superfund sites. In addition to working in the field, you may also assist in preparing proposals and cost estimates and soliciting bids from subcontractors/suppliers. In this role you will independently per form field work and gather data pertinent to the assigned projects; performing soil, surface water, groundwater, and sediment sampling programs; conducting geological, hydrogeologic, and hydrochemistry analyses; overseeing subcontractors in the field; and authoring geologic reports on finished field work.Responsibilities:
- Performs independent field work and gathers all types of field data pertinent to the assigned project.
- Performs geological, hydrogeologic, and hydrochemistry analyses.
- Develops materials and completes reports on finished field work.
- Prepares geologic reports with some technical oversight. Prepares and delivers technical papers.
- Assists in preparation of proposals and cost estimates and in soliciting bids from subcontractors/suppliers.
- May supervise one or more lower level Geologists or Technicians, including reviewing geologic analyses, assessments, interpretations, and other types of reports.
- May serve in an advisory capacity to senior management on specific geology related matters.
- May manage site investigation projects of varying size. Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology or related field
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Certification as a professional Geologist is preferred
- Proficiency in various computer software applications typically used geological analyses
- Familiarity with related environmental rules and regulations is preferred
- Requires a demonstrated proficiency in both written and oral communication skills
- Thorough understanding of all environmental rules and regulations
This position requires a Fit for Duty exam as part of the job requirements. Successful completion of this exam(s) will be required post offer acceptance, prior to you being able to continue in the hiring process and onboarding.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.