Position Objective: Provide services as a Biologist in support of the overall functions of the Vaccine Research Center (VRC), Vaccine Production Program (VPP) within the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute formulation and stability studies and generate and analyze samples using standard laboratory techniques and analytical methods.
- Analyze and collate data and support assay development for vaccine and biotherapeutic characterization.
- Write and review technical reports and protocols documenting formulation, stability and method development studies.
- Present data in small group and department settings.
- Coordinate formulation and stability studies, independent execution of experiments and data analysis, and oversight of external service, maintenance and troubleshooting for one or more pieces of laboratory instrumentation.
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline.
- 1-2 years of industry, government or equivalent experience in protein analytics, formulation, or a related field.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following techniques: UV-visible, fluorescence, Circular Dichroism and/or IR spectroscopy; Differential Scanning Calorimetry; Particle characterization (light scattering, HIAC and/or MFI).
- Knowledge of the structural properties of proteins.
- Familiarity with classic protein biochemistry sample handling and analysis (buffer preparation, dialysis, SDS-PAGE).
- Familiarity with data analysis software (Excel, Prism, SigmaPlot, etc.).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or other equivalent software suites.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with non-technical and technical staff.
- Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GAP Solutions provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job, email us at email@example.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
GAP Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
This position is contingent upon contract award.