Scorpion Therapeutics is a precision oncology company founded in February 2020 by a preeminent group of scientists from Harvard University/Massachusetts General Hospital - Keith Flaherty, MD, Gaddy Getz, Ph.D. and Liron Bar-Peled, Ph.D. The company has raised $270M in Series A and Series B financings led by blue-chip investors, including Atlas Venture, Boxer Capital of Tavistock Group, EcoR1 Capital, LLC, Omega Funds, and Vida Venture.
Scorpion Therapeutics' mission is to serve oncology patients by discovering and developing best-in-class and first-in-class, small molecule cancer medicines that address large patient segments with significant unmet medical needs. To accomplish this mission, we are building a highly collaborative team focused on the pursuit of novel approaches to small molecule drug discovery. This approach relies upon dynamic collaboration between cancer biology, proteomics, informatics, structural biology and medicinal chemistry - with the ultimate goal of realizing the full potential of targeted/precision oncology.
We are seeking a highly motivated research associate to join our dynamic transcription factor biology drug discovery team in Boston. This candidate will serve a critical role in establishing and running cell-based assays to inform transcription factor biology and mechanism of action, as well as help drive our small molecule drug discovery programs targeting transcription factors. This position is ideal for a talented, highly motivated and results driven individual who will thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, start-up environment. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and execute a series of experiments to drive in depth target characterization and elucidate mechanisms of transcription factor regulation using genetic and pharmacological perturbation.
- Developing and executing cell-based assays with genetically manipulated cells and small molecule inhibitors.
- Designing and conducting mechanism of action studies on small molecule inhibitors.
- Developing pharmacodynamic readouts for novel oncology targets.
- Utilizing knockdown or knockout and over-expression of proteins for target validation.
- Using decision making, organizational and communication skills to effectively collaborate with colleagues in biology, chemo-proteomics, and medicinal chemistry.
- Presenting data and findings at various venues, including project team, department, and company
- BS/MS in Biology or a related field.
- Research Associate:1-3 years of relevant laboratory experience)/ Senior Research Associate: more than 5 years experience supporting drug discovery projects.
- A deep and broad understanding of cell culture, assay implementation, and data processing with excellent scientific rigor.
- Hands-on experience with cell-based, biochemical and biophysical assay techniques typically used to study transcription factor activity and binding interactions.
- Expertise in genetic perturbation (CRISPR and RNAi) and genetic rescue techniques.
- Commitment to the highest-quality research with outstanding organizational abilities and scientific execution.
- A highly engaged, self-starter who is creative, innovative, communicative and possesses both a collaborative and goal/results-orientated style.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, while employing tact, patience, diplomacy and a collaborative spirit.
- The desire and ability to contribute to teams working on challenging scientific problems and first-in-class therapeutics.
- A strong record of achievement, including contributing to drug discovery programs and publications is highly desirable.
- Outstanding decision making, organizational and analytical skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Scorpion Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment. We do not discriminate for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Beginning October 13, 2021, Scorpion Therapeutics requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.