About the role:
We are seeking an outstanding Research Associate to join the Cell Biology and Applications group at 10x Genomics. This is would be a position within the Cell Biology and Applications group with a focus on Sample Prep that will work closely with a variety of groups including Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Computational Biology, Microfluidics, and Support groups. You will play an important role in expanding the 10x product portfolio by providing cell and sample preparation support and insights as part of product development.
The ideal candidate should have experience working in a cell, tissue or molecular biology laboratory, be very organized and have exceptional attention to detail, as well as be able to critically analyze data and communicate results to the team. You must bring a can-do attitude and sense of purpose to the job, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, able to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization and have the prior work experience needed to quickly learn protocols.What you will be doing:
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Planning and execution of experiments, accurate recording of details, in-depth analysis, and reporting of these results through documentation and presentations.
- Perform and troubleshoot experiments to support new applications of 10x genomics products.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams.
- Developing a deep understanding of the interplay between cell biology, molecular biology, and microfluidics to identify the root cause of product deviations, troubleshoot them, and identify clever solutions.
- Development and optimization of protocols to support single cell NGS and Spatial products, followed by Verification and Validation of those products.
- Preparation of customer-facing technical documentation, including workflow descriptions and annotated datasets for 10x single cell NGS and Spatial products.
- Responsible for maintaining external collaborations for validation of single cell NGS and Spatial products.
Additional desirable skills to have:
- BS/MS in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, bioinformatics, or related field.
- 2+ years relevant laboratory experience with cell culture, manipulation of primary cells, tissue processing, histology, immunohistochemistry, cryosectioning, immunofluorescence.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex datasets and communicate results in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of NGS and related applications (e.g. RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, etc.).
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, which requires flexibility and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods.
- Familiarity with product development processes and life cycle.
- Familiarity with next-generation sequencing library preparation, microscopy, PCR, or other nucleic acid or protein-based technologies.
#LI-CR1About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.