Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
Laboratory Leadership positions include but are not limited to:
Laboratory Leadership Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Department Managers
- Department Supervisors
- Lead team, schedule, and train employees
- Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
- Ensure coverage and performance
- Foster morale and teamwork
- Supervises multiple personnel of varying levels.
- Responsible for upholding and enforcing Company policies, including but not limited to, Quality, Safety, Standard Operating Procedures, Ethics, and Harassment.
- Expected to champion Health & Safety and assume ownership for the safety of those employees within her/his responsibility.
- Manages the laboratory to provide positive operating margin and meet annual budgetary goals.
- Builds and maintains positive customer relationships and sales growth through direct interaction with customers and TestAmerica sales personnel.
- Establishes and maintains an active and positive safety culture and ensures that the Employee Health and Safety procedures are implemented and followed to maintain facility operations that are compliant with appropriate policies and regulations.
- Reviews and approves Quality Assurance SOPs for the facility and ensures their implementation so that the facility is operated in a compliant manner which allows it to produce defensible data.
- Prioritizes the activities of the operations groups to ensure key goals are achieved and customer service needs are addressed.
- Provides periodic reports to VPO to ensure that goals and objectives are being achieved and to recognize opportunities for development.
- Works with Project Managers and the MPM to ensure the accurate forecast of receipts, provide quality analytical data to clients and meet on- time delivery dates.
- Communicates facility-specific goals and objectives to employees. Communicates and implements company initiatives designed to foster teamwork and communication.
- Fulfills supervisory responsibilities with direct reports to achieve strong staff performance. Mentors key employees.
- Evaluates and maintains appropriate staffing levels to support operational needs and budgetary requirements.
- Supports the Human Resources function to ensure that all policies and programs are applied consistently throughout the laboratory.
- Works with the IT Group to ensure that the facility has appropriate Information Technology resources and that they are being used effectively to support operational requirements.
- Actively participates in the process of sharing and adopting best practices within TestAmerica. Provides technical assistance to other TestAmerica laboratories as needed to improve productivity and customer service
- Approves of all laboratory purchases including capital spending approvals to support the business plan and maintain profitability.
- Maintaining lab metrics scores for Quality and client experience at 90% or greater.
- Participates in the creation of annual budget: forecast of revenue, determination of manpower, CAPEX.
- Provides yearly performance reviews to all reporting personnel and ensures that the laboratory meet deadlines for submittal of reviews for all employees.
The Ideal Candidate Would Possess
- BS/BA degree in Chemistry or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Minimum of 2 years management experience
- 2-10 years analytical experience or related technical field
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Familiarity with laboratory operations and services
- Familiarity with EPA, DOT, OSHA, and DOL regulations
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Ability to manage a business at a profit/loss responsibility level
- Ability to control operating budgets
- Ability to develop and enforce policies and operating practices
- Ability to prioritize and delegate responsibilities
- Ability to successfully handle contract and other negotiations
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills and highly organized
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Denver, CO are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Governmentvaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.